EA doesnt work live.

I've been trying to get my EA to trade on a demo account.
I'd run it for a day or two and it would do nothing, despite having loaded and initialiezed ok.
after the day of (no) trading I put it back in the tester with the same days worth of data.
in the tester it workes and trades and logs any does everthing I program it to do - I don't know why not live.

so, I wrote this program:
int init()
{
return(0);
}

int deinit()
{
return(0);
}

int start(){
Print ("testing!!");
}

in the tester it vomits "testing!!" in the journal. in the live window it does nothing. what am I doing wrong?
live trading is checked.
"2006.11.07 00:53:09 Expert Test Expert USDJPY,M1: loaded successfully" appears in the log.

1. Make sure Experts enabled
2. See experts log not only terminal log

Try Comment("testing");
Print writes to the log, and experts tab, comment writes to the opened chart window.

Zap:
Try Comment("testing");
Print writes to the log, and experts tab, comment writes to the opened chart window.

nope.

no comment come up, and no log had "testing" in it. I checked all of them under the metatrader sub directory.

it seems to run init(), but never gets around to runnning start()

what should I do?

Should probably have a "return(0);" at end of "start()", though seems odd if that gives you the effect you get.

richplank:
Should probably have a "return(0);" at end of "start()", though seems odd if that gives you the effect you get.

I added that but no luck.

Alert() and Comment() only work in init() and deinit().

it's really like start() is just never called.

I really have no idea what to do. I can't move forward until this is solved.

.. as if there are no "new quotes coming in" for the chart, but you have verified that there are?
.. and, of course, rebooting is a common remedy for Windows oddities ..
.. can it be that the clock is off, and that that confuses MT4?
.. is deinit called "prematurely"? (add a print statement and call UninitializeReason() )
.. recheck the spelling of "start()".... add spaces and newlines ... open the mq4 file with notepad ...

Are experts enabled?

Oh wow.

I didn't even know that was there.

That made all the difference. Thank you.
Reason: