Automatic expert advisor testing - page 3

marley75: I am having the same issue.... Terminal does not close even though ShutdownTerminal=true is set.

Don't double post

Good info, Thanks Raptor, I take back what I said about you

Try "TestShutdownTerminal=True" Marley... read the help files

Neither "TestShutdownTerminal=true" nor "TestShutdownTerminal=True" works with Build 745.

I've found out that with Build 745 you have to use

ShutdownTerminal=1

(taken from the MT5 Help...)

Correction:

The solution was the new line after TestShutdownTerminal=true, otherwise it doesn't work.

I had ShutdownTerminal below TestShutdownTerminal=true, that's why I thought that was the trick.

RaptorUK:

Something else . . . it's all explained in the MT4 Help . . . search for "Configuration at Startup"

I set the parameters for my EA, save a set file. I then create an txt file which specifies this set file, amongst other things, false login & password to keep the terminal offline the name of the EA, the Symbol, Period, start and end dates and a report name . . . then I have a batch file that runs the terminal with this txt file . . .

start /wait terminal.exe EURJPY.txt

I can have multiple lines like this in the batch file . . . so I can set several runs to occur overnight . . .

Would you mind to give a bit more detail about how to run the terminal from a batch file? Could you explain how to get the terminal to run a bunch of EAs one after another and save the output step by step? How do you actually run the file that you talk about in another post with:

; common settings

;start strategy tester

etc

I can write this file as a .ini file in the config folder but its not very clear in the help  how to get it to run? Any tips would be much appreciated?

P.S. sorry for the NEWB questions, I think I must be missing a trick somewhere. Thanks

And how could you store the .html report and the .gif graphic of the curve in files automaticaly when doing the optimization passes?

Alvaro López:
And how could you store the .html report and the .gif graphic of the curve in files automaticaly when doing the optimization passes?

Not sure the answer to your question, but as an alternative you can write the results of the test into a CSV file, and then you have all the data you need to make your own charts, reports etc.  

If that is of interest, just write them out in the DeInit() into some kind of file.   I do this then copy n paste results into a google sheet for analysis.

Something like this - there's a load of stats variables available:

string delim = "\t";
      string Stat_Log;  
      Stat_Log =  AccountCompany() + delim+ Description + delim + Version +delim + Symbol() +delim+  IntegerToString(Period()) +delim+  
                  DoubleToString(TesterStatistics(STAT_INITIAL_DEPOSIT),0) + delim +                           // 

DoubleToString(TesterStatistics(STAT_PROFIT),2) + delim +                                   // 
                  DoubleToString(TesterStatistics(STAT_GROSS_PROFIT),2) + delim +                             // 
                  DoubleToString(TesterStatistics(STAT_GROSS_LOSS),2) + delim +                               //                   
                  DoubleToString(TesterStatistics(STAT_MAX_PROFITTRADE),2) + delim ...

Deividas Vitkauskas #:

Hello,

I have couple rookie questions about configuration at startup and strategy tester:

1 question:

I want to test my EA with 10 variations of inputs. So I need to create:

1. 10 .set files with these variations (settings1.set, settings2.set,....)

2. 10 .txt files that specifies .set files (startupsetings1, startupsetings2,....)

3. and one .bat file with 10 lines in it: terminal.exe startupsetings1

terminal.exe startupsetings2

Do I thinking right? And if I would like to test EA with 1000 variations, so I must create thousands of files? Or there are some other ways to atomate testing process or maybe creating these files?

2 question:

I have no success to saving test report files to specified location.

It is clear that this my line is not correct (.xls file):

TestReport=C:/Program Files/MetaTrader 4/tester/reports/EURUSD-21-11-2013

Could you help me with this?

3 question:

Could test reports be saved not in .htm, but in .txt ; .csv ; .xls formats?

Thank you

Hey man did you find a solution? I also need this

Reason: