How to find Market Open-Close Times?

Can anyone give code for getting the market opening and closing time for all quotes?

I am trying with Indexes like Nasdaq, FTSE etc.... For that market timing is very much needed.

Any help or clue is apprecialted.

Thanks in advance.

krishna_gopal_2:

Can anyone give code for getting the market opening and closing time for all quotes?

I am trying with Indexes like Nasdaq, FTSE etc.... For that market timing is very much needed.

Any help or clue is apprecialted.

Thanks in advance.

Normally 5 days a week markets are open if not then gap in time between two candels use difference of datetime between two candels

Any other answer? Is there any option in MarketInfo?

Mql4 was designed for FX market (24/5) Nasdaq, FTSE have opening/closing times. You'll have to use Mql5 for that info.

Why do you care? If the market is closed, start won't get called.

WHRoeder:

Mql4 was designed for FX market (24/5) Nasdaq, FTSE have opening/closing times. You'll have to use Mql5 for that info.

Why do you care? If the market is closed, start won't get called.

Actual I am using the time factor in my calculation of trade. For that only I need opening time....

Is there anyother method?

krishna_gopal_2:

Actual I am using the time factor in my calculation of trade. For that only I need opening time....

Is there anyother method?

if you have the openingtime of the week then you can add the seconds a week needs to end and you are at the beginning of the next week

deVries:

if you have the openingtime of the week then you can add the seconds a week needs to end and you are at the beginning of the next week

Hi Friend,

I have completed 90% of the project. Now I have a doubt. I placed a buying order with STOP_LEVEL and TAKE_PROFIT.

While sending the order I have mentioned the expiry time as 04:45. The order has been executed and a position is opened in the mentioned price.

Now the time is 05:30. But still the STOP_LEVEL and TAKE_PROFIT orders are alive.

Can you explain how the expiry time works, which is not explained by the MQL4?

Note: I m using GCI Demo account.

Expiration time only applies to Pending orders and . . . " Applying of pending order expiration time can be disabled in some trade servers. In this case, when a non-zero value is specified in the expiration parameter, the error147 (ERR_TRADE_EXPIRATION_DENIED) will be generated. "

The expiration time only applies while the order is still pending . . . once the order is activated it is closed via SL, TP or using OrderClose()

RaptorUK:

Expiration time only applies to Pending orders and . . . " Applying of pending order expiration time can be disabled in some trade servers. In this case, when a non-zero value is specified in the expiration parameter, the error147 (ERR_TRADE_EXPIRATION_DENIED) will be generated. "

The expiration time only applies while the order is still pending . . . once the order is activated it is closed via SL, TP or using OrderClose()

Hi Simon,

Thanks for your reply. One general doubt. While placing Sell/Buy order, the price is very Near to Bid/Ask price and order is being rejected (Error #130). So some orders cannot be placed.

Is there any solution to come over the problem? I want to place the orders exactly the price that I get in calculation.

krishna_gopal_2:

Hi Simon,

Thanks for your reply. One general doubt. While placing Sell/Buy order, the price is very Near to Bid/Ask price and order is being rejected (Error #130). So some orders cannot be placed.

Is there any solution to come over the problem? I want to place the orders exactly the price that I get in calculation.

Before you place your order you need to check that it isn't too close to current price . . . if you are prepared to spend the time to read and understand, this tells you all you need to know: Requirements and Limitations in Making Trades - Appendixes - MQL4 Tutorial
Reason: