Mt5 and Mt4 compatibility

Good morning,

This might sound like a silly question but do mt4 indicators have compatibiliy with mt5? Thank you.

No.

RaptorUK:
No.
OMG, that's like iphone4 not having compatibility with iphone3 apps xDDD

flaab:
OMG, that's like iphone4 not having compatibility with iphone3 apps xDDD
Not really. It's like expecting OS9 apps to run under OSX on Intel . . . they might under an emulator but they are fundamentally different. If you have a simple Indicator it wouldn't take long to convert it to MT5 . . . I have done a couple of simple bits of code I wrote . . . there might even be some tools to help with the task, I haven't looked recently.

RaptorUK:
Not really. It's like expecting OS9 apps to run under OSX on Intel . . . they might under an emulator but they are fundamentally different. If you have a simple Indicator it wouldn't take long to convert it to MT5 . . . I have done a couple of simple bits of code I wrote . . . there might even be some tools to help with the task, I haven't looked recently.
Can't resist... MT4 is the market-leading retail forex platform. Arguably, a lack of compatibility between MT5 and MT4 is like software written for Windows XP failing to run on Vista or Windows 7.

jjc:
Can't resist... MT4 is the market-leading retail forex platform. Arguably, a lack of compatibility between MT5 and MT4 is like software written for Windows XP failing to run on Vista or Windows 7.
I have two Applications that I know work fine on XP but will not work on Windows 7, even under compatibility mode . . . I have to run them in a Virtual XP Machne.

Makking indicators mt4 not compatible with mt5 was the worst think in the world to do.
Reason: