MISSING BARS in Chart, 20 minute GAP... how can this happen???

EDIT : Look at my most recent reply to this topic... I discovered that there are actually bars MISSING from 12:00 until 12:20!!!

Today I open MT4 and I see this HUGE gap between 2 bars, which is almost 200 pts. in price!!!

I compared this with another broker (also via MT4 platform), and it was normal, i.e. this gap was not there, and the previous bar before the gap was fully formed and closed at 1.31551!

Just for comparison, the bar in the picture above closed at 1.31360!

I thought maybe this was due to an internet connection disconnect between my computer and the remote MT4 server. But even in such cases, once the connection is re-established, MT4 usually just updates the data it missed, but here it didn't.

Can someone please explain to me how something like this can happen?

Thanks,

nanquan

It's just 20 pips . . . have you tried a Refresh, right click your chart, then click Refresh ?

Well, "just 20 pips" is about $200 on 1 lot positions. I tried to refresh the chart, it's still there. I also tried restarting MT4, and that didn't help either.

The point is this shouldn't happen at all.

nanquan:

The point is this shouldn't happen at all.

What did your Broker say about it ?

I'm contacting them about this as we speak... will update as soon as I have an answer from them!

While I wait for an answer from my broker on this issue, I did a little more investigating. Apparently there is missing information for almost 20 minutes. When looking at M5, you have bar open time of 12:00, the next bar open time is 12:20!

So from 12:05 to 12:20 there is no information. So this isn't just a large spike in price from one-bar-to-the-next, but there are literally bars missing from the chart!

This has happened to me, my internet was fine but the MT4 server was down. It turned out that the broker was under a DDOS attack so the server was actually offline and not recording data. Your broker would know more though.

nanquan:

EDIT : Look at my most recent reply to this topic... I discovered that there are actually bars MISSING from 12:00 until 12:20!!!

Today I open MT4 and I see this HUGE gap between 2 bars, which is almost 200 pts. in price!!!

I compared this with another broker (also via MT4 platform), and it was normal, i.e. this gap was not there, and the previous bar before the gap was fully formed and closed at 1.31551!

Just for comparison, the bar in the picture above closed at 1.31360!

I thought maybe this was due to an internet connection disconnect between my computer and the remote MT4 server. But even in such cases, once the connection is re-established, MT4 usually just updates the data it missed, but here it didn't.

Can someone please explain to me how something like this can happen?

Thanks,

nanquan

Hi Guys don't know about any of you being a bit annoyed I trade on m15/h1 and nearly every bar is missing points on the m15 chart I know its not much but look after your pennies and your pounds look after themselves. Anyway if a bar closes going up it drops points if its going down when it closes it adds points what do you guys think I have counted on a 24 bar stretch of those 18 were missing points 78 points missing that's around 200gbp every day or 49k per year so those points add up if these people are scamming us thats a lot of bread 

Frank_Lee_Pizd:
Hi Guys don't know about any of you being a bit annoyed I trade on m15/h1 and nearly every bar is missing points on the m15 chart I know its not much but look after your pennies and your pounds look after themselves. Anyway if a bar closes going up it drops points if its going down when it closes it adds points what do you guys think I have counted on a 24 bar stretch of those 18 were missing points 78 points missing that's around 200gbp every day or 49k per year so those points add up if these people are scamming us thats a lot of bread 

1.) Ask you broker.

2.) If you're not satisfied - change your broker.

Reason: