[Fractals] Fractals and trend based EA in development - page 2

serpentsnoir:

I copied your indicator (gave it a shorter name) and recompiled.

created this ea and ran it on the visual testor.

first 20 support and resistance values printed out matched the chart.

something else going on in your code...

might need to post a little more context

Hello serpentsnoir,

You were right! it was in fact an error of my code -a dumb error-. The thing is I am really obsessed with this thing and instead of going out with my friends or sleeping I have been up all night programming the EA.

However, after fixing this stupid mistake I think I have a decent Fractal Breakout EA that catches nice trends. I need to improve lots of things of the EA since this is the first version, and then I'll share it with all of you.

My goal is to adapt it to H1 or H4 candles, with a little scalping component. I need to optimize entry strategy, stoploss and exit strategy -I would like to ride the whole trend-.

Have a look at the following statement of a backtest with EURUSD daily charts:

The EA elements are the following:

- Fractal support and resistance levels

- Acceleration bands

- Laguerre Filter based on RSI

The entry strategy:

- Fractal resistance broken above the Laguerre filter ------> Long position (NOT above Acceleration bands)

- Fractal support broken below Laguerre Filter -------------> Short position (NOT below Acceleration bands)

- Stoploss below previous candle's low

The exit strategy:

- Trailing stoploss each time a bar closes

Future improvements in mind:

- Filter positions using ADX signals

- Obtain a scalp profit as soon as possible and move the SL to open price safely

- Let the trend run as long as it likes and change the exit strategy using MA10 and EMA30 crosses

- Piramiding to positions along with the trend

- Adapt to 1H and 4H candles

I'll share when finished. Any ideas? I am not reading anything else to filter trends, not ADX, no nothing. Simple.

Well Done..

Progress .....

nice, glad I could help

Thank you. However the EA does not work on any other currency pair I have tested. It seems levels and supports are not broken that often xD

I'll change the thing a little bit to wait for a cande to close above or below the resistance, and also trade rebounds....

It is more longterm 11 years 173 trades

Risk 10 ... maybe with rebounds lower the risk

Keep the Drawdown if it is possible under 20%

deVries:

It is more longterm 11 years 173 trades

Risk 10 ... maybe with rebounds lower the risk

Keep the Drawdown if it is possible under 20%

Yes, it's not a great EA so far. I don't beat up gold's perfomance since :-D I'll try to trade rebounds as well with 2-3% risk.

Hello, could you share the code of this EA, just the part where it opens the break without filters?

Reason: