Creating an EA with custom indicators

This will show my lack of knowledge about programming, if you create an EA and use your own custom indicators within the EA,

how do you make reference to the custom indicator without having to insert the whole thing within the EA, or do you,

I understand that an EA that uses standard indicators takes reference from the inbuilt libraries so the assumption would be you may have to create a dll for the custom indicator, a little confused any help would be welcomed, Robbo

https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/1500

Thanks guys, Raptor, I was correct then, the CI would have to be saved in the library for it to be referenced when called for

double iCustom( string symbol, int timeframe, string name, ..., int mode, int shift)

so my CI is saved in DLL, the name if the indicator, (unique name that is) would go in the portion string name, ..., is this correct?

I don't work with technical indicators . . . but as far as I know iCustom works with indicators coded in mql4 . . . not sure how you would use a DLL that is an indicator.

Thanks Raptor, everything said, creating an EA is very hard for me let alone complicating the situation by trying to include a CI, I have a CI running on my chart and see the potential ( as so many do), however trying to automate this would be a fete in itself, suppose i could go to the "jobs" section and get some comfort there, thanks again for the input, Robbo

RaptorUK:
I don't work with technical indicators . . . .

Interesting... is your strategy entirely based on fundamentals? or price action? or candle patterns?

serpentsnoir:

Interesting... is your strategy entirely based on fundamentals? or price action? or candle patterns?
SR and Fibs
Reason: