Modify speed in strategy tester

I use strategy tester from metatrader 4

Speed 32 is too fast and 31 very slow !!!!!!!!

Any help please?

Make your EA more complex and the ST will slow down.

RaptorUK:
Make your EA more complex and the ST will slow down.
What a great advice! :D

Use Open Price Only Model and M5 charts. <-- The accuracy sacrificed will depend greatly upon the type of strategy you're trying to create. For most strategies within the realm of reality, M5 will work just fine.

In my code I have PauseTest() which stops the tester. Call it when a condition changes such as
int start(){
   int oc = OrderCount();
   :
   if (oc != OrderCount()) PauseTest();
}

balazs321:
What a great advice! :D
I don't know if you are being sarcastic or not . . . but my suggestion was mostly a serious one. What controls the speed that the Strategy Tester runs at when set to max speed is the complexity of the EA (and any Indicators it uses) under test. A simple EA that does next to nothing will run very quickly, a complex, or very badly written EA, that does plenty of processing on each tick will run slowly even if the speed slider is at max.

RaptorUK:
I don't know if you are being sarcastic or not . . . but my suggestion was mostly a serious one. What controls the speed that the Strategy Tester runs at when set to max speed is the complexity of the EA (and any Indicators it uses) under test. A simple EA that does next to nothing will run very quickly, a complex, or very badly written EA, that does plenty of processing on each tick will run slowly even if the speed slider is at max.
I agree with RaptorUK. There's allot of talk about Optimizing Functions and Skipping Useless Ticks as a means of speeding up back-testing but the Expert will have a life of it's own as you add more complex algorithms to it. My suggestion is obviously a more extreme example of Skip Useless Ticks. However what you think is Fast now could be very slow later. Therefore don't be surprised if you find yourself asking how can I speed up speed 32 later.
Reason: