Metatrader platform should automatically update to latest version or build

I have been trying to open a further demo account early this morning (9:15 am in UK) and was unable to - this system gave the 'failed noise' and never reached the FINISH stage.

Alpari (UK) created account for me. (I have passed details of this query to Alpari (UK) and await reply - the help message asks me to do this as I understand).

In the past I thought I had problems with updates and it was suggested that I re-install meta-trader platforms (August 2011 https://forum.mql4.com/43115 ) in a directory called Program Files (on C:) rather than Program Files (x86). I did this several months ago.

I thought this would enable the program to automatically check for updates – if I exit the program then re-start the Windows (v7 home edition) requests that I allow Meta-trader live update access to the internet -

"Do you want to allow this program - Met-trader Live Update - to make changes to your computer" (I obviously click the YES button).

However I notice that 2 installed copies of Meta-trader are BUILD 402 11th May 2011. Whereas a further installed copy is based on BUILD 409 25th October 2011.

The more recent build allows me to open a new account whereas the older build DO NOT allow me to open an new (demo) account.

I understood that Meta-Trader always checked for updates – (it appears to do that by asking the question).

How do I update to the latest version – and how do I ensure this is done automatically?

If the Broker for the 402 version has changed the names of their Servers since they issued that version then when it tries to contact the Servers to create a new account it will fail . . . I have a similar issue with some MBT installs.

RaptorUK:
If the Broker for the 402 version has changed the names of their Servers since they issued that version then when it tries to contact the Servers to create a new account it will fail . . . I have a similar issue with some MBT installs.

Thanks

The servers appear to have the same names.

Is there any way to manually force an update or do I need to re-install?

Reason: