error=132 Market is closed and error=2 Common error

Hi, ocassionally my EA encounters error=132 or error=2 when OrderSend.

What exactly do they mean? ("market is closed" & "common error")

Is it EA related? and if so, what kind of mistake in the EA could cause this error and how to deal with it?

with many thanks in advance.

u trying to order something but plain & simple the market is closed so no order execute Common error it's a connection problem

thanks!!

qjol:
u trying to order something but plain & simple the market is closed so no order execute Common error it's a connection problem
You wouldn't have either problem, if you returned from start() and waited for a new tick. Why are you trying to open a new order when the market is closed?

I've recently been getting this error as well. I try to place pending orders from start() and sometimes this error is returned. Then after a minute or so the next tick comes in and I try to send the pending orders again. Then they are usually excepted.

Maybe I lose my connection after receiving that first tick of the day?

burgie:

I've recently been getting this error as well. I try to place pending orders from start() and sometimes this error is returned. Then after a minute or so the next tick comes in and I try to send the pending orders again. Then they are usually excepted.

Maybe I lose my connection after receiving that first tick of the day?

Which error ? there were 2 errors mentioned ? there is a recommended way of handling these errors, it's in the documentation: Execution errors

RaptorUK:
Which error ? there were 2 errors mentioned ? there is a recommended way of handling these errors, it's in the documentation: Execution errors

Oops... sorry... it's the 132 market closed error. I just find it very strange to get this message right after receiving a tick.

burgie:

Oops... sorry... it's the 132 market closed error. I just find it very strange to get this message right after receiving a tick.

The last tick on Friday night comes just before the market is closed, that is normal behaviour. Happens every week without fail . . .

What did your Broker have to say ?

Oh yes, that's true of course. Didn't think of Friday night :-)

But I've seen it happen on other days. My broker was unable to come up with a reason. They could tell me that the orders didn't reach their server, so they assume a connection problem. But they don't know why this seems to be happening around midnight. There seems to be nothing wrong with my VPS or the terminal.

It's not a problem because my EA will retry to place the orders several times. It's just odd...

Reason: