Objprop_Angle??

Hi,

Has anybody got ObjectGet("objectname", Objprop_Angle) to work?

Draw a simple trend line between 2 points and try to get the angle? I don't think this function works but please prove me wrong!

thanks

It doesn't apply to Object OBJ_TREND it applys to Object OBJ_TRENDBYANGLE

RaptorUK:
It doesn't apply to Object OBJ_TREND it applys to Object OBJ_TRENDBYANGLE

So if you set a trend line of a specified angle what is the point of OBJPROP_ANGLE if you already know the angle? The documentation on this is confusing and reading the forums it does not work how it should.

sd59:
So if you set a trend line of a specified angle what is the point of OBJPROP_ANGLE if you already know the angle?
Same reason you can create a trend line by specifying T0/P0 and T1/P1 then you can read back or change the coordinates via OBJPROP_PRICE1/2

WHRoeder:
Same reason you can create a trend line by specifying T0/P0 and T1/P1 then you can read back or change the coordinates via OBJPROP_PRICE1/2

but it would still be nice to create a trend line between 2 points and get it to give the angle.

sd59:

but it would still be nice to create a trend line between 2 points and get it to give the angle.
Simple . . reverse engineer the Object OBJ_TRENDBYANGLE, figure out how it comes up with a synthetic angle and reproduce that for a standard Trend Line.

sd59:

There exist no such things as angles in the time-price plane, such a thing is not defined there. Consequently it is imposible to calculate one and would be meaningles anyways. I believe this has been discussed and explained here (and elsewhere) a thousand times aleady.

7bit:
There exist no such things as angles in the time-price plane, such a thing is not defined there. Consequently it is imposible to calculate one and would be meaningles anyways. I believe this has been discussed and explained here (and elsewhere) a thousand times aleady.
yes i know it's been done to death - there is a way to get a meaningful result of either indicative angle or slope if everything stayed the same i.e time & price axes - slope = (price1 - price2)/(time1 - time2) - you don't need to convert to degrees to assign a condition - anyway..end of discussion either way!
Reason: