99% modelling quality but with a red bar

Hi,

I followed the tutorial at: http://eareview.net/tick-data and can now get 99% modelling quality, but the bar is red meaning that only data from the timeframe I was running the EA was used. Is this a bad thing?! Does it mean the results are not accurate? Perhaps I need to generate FXT files for all timeframes to get a green bar with 99% modelling quality?

Any advice? Should I ignore this red bar?

How many mismatched chart errors did you have ?

0 mismatched chart errors. It is a scalping method however. I just converted the hst data to m1 fxt and added it to the tester/history folder along with the h1 fxt file, but still 99% modelling quality, 0 errors but the red bar.

Perhaps if I add m5, m15 and m30 fxt files then I will get the green bar...

You only need 1 fxt file, created on a chart of the currency you want to test on the timeframe you want to test . . . then you need the hst file for the same timeframe

RaptorUK:
You only need 1 fxt file, created on a chart of the currency you want to test on the timeframe you want to test . . . then you need the hst file for the same timeframe

I have the EURUSD h1 fxt file in the folder experts/history and the EURUSD h1 hst file in the history folder. That is correct? I can get 99% modelling quality with 0 mismatched errors but with a red bar. Is the red bar important? Can I ignore it?

What chart did you create the fxt file on ?

gangsta1:

Can I ignore it?
Of course you can . . . if you want to. I have never had it though, I would want to understand what is going on before I decide to ignore or not.

RaptorUK:
What chart did you create the fxt file on ?

I created the FXT on the EURUSD h1 chart. The help guide in meta trader states that it is red due to there not being available data from lesser timeframes, hence why I thought the need to get fxt files for other timeframes.

starting to think 90% modelling quality with a green bar and 0 mismatched errors will be better than 99% modelling quality, 0 mismatched errors but a red bar!

Perhaps I need to import the hst files manually rather than just place them in the folders?

gangsta1:
Perhaps I need to import the hst files manually rather than just place them in the folders?
Nope, but maybe you need to create all the hst files. All I do is shutdown MT4, copy the files to the folder, start MT4
Reason: