Wanted: MT EA with backtesting

Hi,

I'm looking for an EA / robot with the following features:

- 90% modelling quality (ideally 95%)
- win ratio: at the very least 80%
- backtesting at least over 1 year (ideally 2+)
- small drawdown

- ideally return of 100% or more over the last 12 months
- 3rd party verification from sites such as mt4i.com

If you have an EA along those lines and are looking to make some cash please email marathonfinancial (at) gmail (dot) com

Any questions please ask! Thank you

You can't have what you ask for . . .

Modelling quality is not a function of the EA but the quality of your data . . with MT4 it max's out at 90% . . . unless you want to use real tick data and then the %age is simply written to the fxt file and doesn't mean much.

If I had an EA like the one you talk about it would make me more money than you could ever offer me . . .

ap2000:

Hi,

I'm looking for an EA / robot with the following features:

- 90% modelling quality (ideally 95%)
- win ratio: at the very least 80%
- backtesting at least over 1 year (ideally 2+)
- small drawdown

- ideally return of 100% or more over the last 12 months
- 3rd party verification from sites such as or mt4i.com

If you have an EA along those lines and are looking to make some cash please email marathonfinancial (at) gmail (dot) com

Any questions please ask! Thank you

No questions, Goodbye.

Actually my first EA based on some manual trading I have done will do this and actually much more then 100% gains in 1 year actually over 400%

The problem is that when I backtest it for more then 12 month to lets say 18 months and higher the back testing failed
And If I backtest for 1,2,3,4,5,10 years it lost the whole account no matter what you put in there LOL

It has erratic periods of 12 months wins when tested over 10 years, but it actually stinks and not very good overall because it still ends up loosing everything.

It would only be good if you were lucky enough to trade it during the year that it was making 400% and little drawdowns but there is NO way to know when that may happen. It's actually a strange EA I made. But I ditched it because it stinks.

LOL and if it actually worked I don't think i would offer it cause it would be just easier to give away free money at that point and not burden people with EA's or tech support.

Happy blogging, and this is not code related question but more of a Request for Quote

Agent86:
Actually my first EA based on some manual trading I have done will do this and actually much more then 100% gains in 1 year actually over 400%

The problem is that when I backtest it for more then 12 month to lets say 18 months and higher the back testing failed
And If I backtest for 1,2,3,4,5,10 years it lost the whole account no matter what you put in there LOL

It has erratic periods of 12 months wins when tested over 10 years, but it actually stinks and not very good overall because it still ends up loosing everything.

It would only be good if you were lucky enough to trade it during the year that it was making 400% and little drawdowns but there is NO way to know when that may happen. It's actually a strange EA I made. But I ditched it because it stinks.

LOL and if it actually worked I don't think i would offer it cause it would be just easier to give away free money at that point and not burden people with EA's or tech support.

Happy blogging, and this is not code related question but more of a Request for Quote

Never ditch anything just because of Strategy Tester result, no matter how "stink" it is. I just learnt to stop doing that. And voila! crystal clear blue sky once again! -- in thoughts, well-being, needless to say, EA, actual trading and life, itself.

I am convinced back-testing is unnecessary yet a chore, hassle, but has not much basis of success whatsoever, just an amplification of "the strategy did/did not work" either way.

A trend is a trend, likewise a strategy is a strategy, which can be verified/tested real time. The trend does not the past, so why should a strategy?

So, all i do these days, are forward demo tests every hour basis. That beats that "stink" backtest, anytime, any place.

I look at the entries, exits, - alter codes here and there, all in real time, market music. The process is more educational, relaxing, motivated, crystal clear, definitely, 101% more productive for strategy improvisation;

than back-test. run----> wait for result -----> revise code, run----> wait for result -----> revise code, run----> wait for result -----> revise code, etc, etc. Until I end up where I started.

Really like to thank the Strategy Tester for even failing to start/run in my case when I tried it, or else I probably be in some back-testing prison monastery.

Yes this is what I do too but it makes me nervious as I am dealing with real money.

mbirrell:

Yes this is what I do too but it makes me nervious as I am dealing with real money.

With an EA, has that "psychological barrier" to overcome. Hence, I am still at 20-30% manual. Anyway, knowing that you are not alone, should offer some use ...:-).

Reason: