two instances of MT4

Hi,

I am using 2 instances of MT4: one for a real account, and the other for a demo account (trials and such).

Of course, the 2 instances reside in 2 different folders in \program files (x86). [win 7 64]

The "real" MT4 is build 406, updated at install time.

The "demo" MT4 is build 226, update failed on install.

Since then, automatic update does not work on "demo" account.

questions:

1. Although there are 2 instances, there is only one instance showing in add/remove programs. Thus, if I want to uninstall, both instances will be uninstalled. Is there a way to overcome this problem?

2. Is there a way to force Update to work?

Thanks

Solution: Delete the demo folder. Copy the real folder to replace the demo. Open new demo terminal. Delete real account from that terminal. Sign up for a new demo account in demo account terminal.

Stuff I wouldn't care about: Un-Installing because usually if you copy mt4-folder from one computer and take it to another computer it works just fine. You can even run mt4 off a thumb drive without it being in Add/Remove programs. So I wouldn't bother on the why, but rather on the problem solving.

Ps> Dont put mt4 in Program Files. We usually recommend running from the C:\Mt4_Folder.

zevbn:

Hi,

I am using 2 instances of MT4: one for a real account, and the other for a demo account (trials and such).

Of course, the 2 instances reside in 2 different folders in \program files (x86). [win 7 64]

The "real" MT4 is build 406, updated at install time.

The "demo" MT4 is build 226, update failed on install.

Since then, automatic update does not work on "demo" account.

questions:

1. Although there are 2 instances, there is only one instance showing in add/remove programs. Thus, if I want to uninstall, both instances will be uninstalled. Is there a way to overcome this problem?

2. Is there a way to force Update to work?

Thanks

I am running multiple instances of the same MT4, does not matter how many real+demo accounts open at the same time all from one folder. So far, ok. why need to install in diff folders?

zevbn:
Anywhere else on Vista/Win7
Reason: