History & History tab

I was trying to find information about History then found some real querks in the thread -- https://forum.mql4.com/29064.

This hasn't really affected me to-date - still testing but re-enforces that I want to display all in the history tab.

Question

I started to run a test last week (demo account with $5,000) and the Profit / Loss in the History Tab now shows $1 291.32 whereas the Balance on the Trade Tab shows $7 912.97 ie.e. a Profit of approx. $2 912. I have the the reporting set as All History so I would expect to see all transactions accounting for the $2 912 profit. [I cut and paste the table and subsequently use in Excel to monitor the different symbols etc] The earliest transaction now shown is 2011.09.15 16:28 i.e. last Thursday and I know I started the account before that.

Is this something 'weird' about History or have I misunderstood something or some setting?

history tab -> right click -> all history

WHRoeder:
history tab -> right click -> all history

thanks - as always for quick response - but I understand that is exactly what I describe above - i.e. I have the the reporting set as All History so I would expect to see all transactions

(to get All History I did right click - whilst displaying Account History Tab then click on top item in the list - All History)

I've attached screenshots - but they don't really show what I have done other than for a $5,000 demo account set up last week I'd expect all transactions to show. Is there any limit to the number of transactions?

peterhw1:

I've attached screenshots - but they don't really show what I have done other than for a $5,000 demo account set up last week I'd expect all transactions to show. Is there any limit to the number of transactions?

The History is stored on the Brokers Server . . if you want to see history for other accounts you need to sign into those accounts and then click All History . . .

peterhw1:

thanks - as always for quick response - but I understand that is exactly what I describe above - i.e. I have the the reporting set as All History so I would expect to see all transactions

(to get All History I did right click - whilst displaying Account History Tab then click on top item in the list - All History)

Terminal ==> Account History

Go to the kolom Profit ==> rightclick and you see you can choose all History

RaptorUK:
The History is stored on the Brokers Server . . if you want to see history for other accounts you need to sign into those accounts and then click All History . . .

I understand that but I'm just trying to see all transactions on the one (3239575) account.

The screenshot doesn't tell everything but is an attempt to show the same account (3239575) with a balance of $8 004 on TRADE tab and PROFIT of $1 383 on HISTORY window. This is a $5,000 demo account set up last week and should show all transactions by default (I think on that timescale) but whatever I do (ALL History, last 3 months) I don't seem to see the earlier transactions from last week.

peterhw1:

I understand that but I'm just trying to see all transactions on the one (3239575) account.

OK, I am currently running Demo accounts with 3 Brokers each is running a version of my EAs . . . all three brokers show my full account history back to the first entry which is Type: Balance Comment: Deposit if you can't get to this entry by clicking on All History then you need to talk to your Broker.

RaptorUK:
OK, I am currently running Demo accounts with 3 Brokers each is running a version of my EAs . . . all three brokers show my full account history back to the first entry which is Type: Balance Comment: Deposit if you can't get to this entry by clicking on All History then you need to talk to your Broker.

RaptorUK - thanks.

That's sort of what I figured but wondered if I was missing something obvious.

I have several instances of MetaTrader but normally 1 account per installation.

10 minutes later

Just called Alpari UK and they confirm that from time to time 'IT' cleanse some of the demo account information and History could be lost (could be anything over 100 items).

In practice I have never had this problem before but if I know it can happen then I am not quite so worried!

Thanks to all who responded

peterhw1:

Just called Alpari UK and they confirm that from time to time 'IT' cleanse some of the demo account information and History could be lost (could be anything over 100 items).

In practice I have never had this problem before but if I know it can happen then I am not quite so worried!

Thanks to all who responded

Hi Peter, thanks for letting us know the outcome, might help someone in the future :-)

oh how cool

faithhill:
oh how cool
Please do not wake up old topics with comments that add nothing to the conversation
Reason: