Optimization slower in MT4 Build 406?

My EA used to take about ~ 4 minutes to optimize but since the 406 update takes ~ 18 minutes.

This is on a live account and demo account with VantageFX and AxisTrader brokers based in Australia.

Is this slow optimization coincidental to the update and something with the brokers or have you found this as well?

Here. Rosh said they fix the issue.

ubzen:
Here. Rosh said they fix the issue.

Thanks Rosh.

There is known issue with 406 speed.

Hopefully future updates will fix.

I haven't used MT in a while and tinkered with some backtests today. I must say: MT became REALLY slow! Backtesting became around 10 times slower.

I used to use some 2xx Build for backtests and updated to 409 today, guess that was a mistake.

Are they working on this issue?

Does anyone know anything about this issue?

schnappi:
Does anyone know anything about this issue?

I'd try the new 415, available from beta-testing as described in https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/138261. Every build before 415 is supposedly going to get turned off on June 1st, so I wouldn't expend too much energy investigating the speed of 402, 406, 409 etc.

(EDIT: of course, you could probably continue to use any build you like for back-testing, but you won't be able to trade using anything before 415.)

I will soon have to hire someone solely for updating my metatrader terminals.

I wonder why no one else is complaining about this issue (backtests became slower). I can't be the only one having this problem, can I?

Looking back, MT4 strategy tester ten-folded it's run times pretty short after MT5 was launched. Isn't Mt5 bringing it's own paid cloud service? What a coincidence!

Why don't you use an old terminal for backtesting?

I for my point have no problems with the tester, even a 10 Year on tick test gets finnished after a max of 1 min.

schnappi:

I wonder why no one else is complaining about this issue (backtests became slower). I can't be the only one having this problem, can I?

Looking back, MT4 strategy tester ten-folded it's run times pretty short after MT5 was launched. Isn't Mt5 bringing it's own paid cloud service? What a coincidence!

Maybe you should boycott MT4 and stop using it ?

@zzueg: I will have to. Problem is, that I will then have to have two development platforms, one for backtesting, one for live-trading since at some point 4xx and 2xx became incompatible.

@RaptorUK: What are you trying to tell me?

Reason: