Lot size calculation - page 2

COME ON people.

What ? Nobody can help with this math. ???

I have tried all bloody lot size calculation func. on this forum and none of them is doing what I need !

PLEASE HELP !

OK, this is what I have done previously . . but it's not what I am doing any longer, I'm not 100% sure it's correct, it might help you some though . . .

TradeSize = (AccountFreeMargin() * (Trade_Risk/100) )/((Trade_Entry-Trade_SL + Spread + (Entry_Buffer * Point)) * MathPow(10,Digits) * MarketInfo(Symbol(), MODE_TICKVALUE)) ; 

RaptorUK:

OK, this is what I have done previously . . but it's not what I am doing any longer, I'm not 100% sure it's correct, it might help you some though . . .

I'll give it a shoot immediately !!! THANK YOU !

seemore:

I'll give it a shoot immediately !!! THANK YOU !

mhm. no. sorry to say it but it is not what I need ...

seemore:

I have $50000 account and I prefer to risk on every trade 3% of it. This is $1500. The standard lot normally yields $10 for 1 pip. Right ? So divide 1500 by 10 means I have 150 pips price channel for the market which I can risk. So I can have one lot and 150 pips stop loss or 3 lots and 50 pips stop loss or 5 lots and 30 pips stop loss .... etc. Am I right ? I choose to have 3 lots and 50 pips stop loss. If the trade goes wrong then I lose 3 * 50 = 150 pips which is $1500.

Is the description correct and clear or maybe I need to change it ?

seemore:

OK . . .

TradeSize = (AccountFreeMargin() * (Trade_Risk/100) )/((Trade_Entry-Trade_SL + Spread + (Entry_Buffer * Point)) * MathPow(10,Digits) * MarketInfo(Symbol(), MODE_TICKVALUE)) ;

TradeSize = ( 50,000 * (3/100) )/((0.0050 + 0 + (0 * Point)) * 10000 * 10 ) ; (for a 4 digit broker)

gives . . . . 1500 / 500 = 3 lots

Yep, doesn't work . . .

What is this supposed to do ?

StopLoss_Pips = RiskPip / 3; 

Are you trying to work out the SL and the trade size ?

RaptorUK:
Are you trying to work out the SL and the trade size ?

Yes

seemore:

Yes

Is it possible the math to be with AccountEquity() or with AccountBalance() ? please.

You can't do it . . . you can only solve two unknowns if you have 2 equations . . . otherwise known as simultaneous equations.

In my code I know where my SL is so I am calculating the Lot/position size only.

Reason: