how can i add sounds to my expert? is it possible?

i would like my expert to sound every time it puts a position or takes one out. how can i do that? is it possible? i have already tried the PlaySound("siren.wav") ; // form and the void PlaySound(string filename) form. neither one worked for me. they sound every time a there is a new tick.

thanks in advance.

If you post your code/EA someone may be able to help you.

You need to put something like . . .

PlaySound("siren.wav") ;

. . at the correct place in your EA, i.e. just after an order has been placed and just after an order has been closed.

Yea m8 it is possible, Just dont forget to load the "Wav sound file" that you will want to play into the sound folder on your Computer.GL

thanks but where should i put it? and if you can, please give me an example.

\<terminal path>\sounds

drawde12:
thanks but where should i put it? and if you can, please give me an example.

As I already said . . . .

". . at the correct place in your EA, i.e. just after an order has been placed and just after an order has been closed."

Show your code and maybe we can be more specific . . .

cant you just use one of the basics? mine isnt finished. just use one of the basic ones.

drawde12:
cant you just use one of the basics? mine isnt finished. just use one of the basic ones.

No, not really . . . . but if you want poor info here it is . . .

After . . .

OrderSend( string symbol, int cmd, double volume, double price, int slippage, double stoploss, double takeprofit, string comment=NULL, int magic=0, datetime expiration=0, color arrow_color=CLR_NONE) 

and after . . .

OrderClose( int ticket, double lots, double price, int slippage, color Color=CLR_NONE) 
Reason: