STOCKS OVERNIGHT QUESTION

I HOPE SOMEBODY CAN EXPLAIN ME THIS.

I started my investing journey with the Forex market, so there when I make a market order to go long the price where I entered the market never changes. Example lets say I go long on EUR/USD at 1.4000 right? That price where I bought it will never change so you will see the difference in profit or loss with every pip that moves. I just started to trade stocks in mt4 and it puzzles me because I opened a Sell order for ADBE at $33.10, and the day closed at $32.86 and at midnight they added $24 dollars to my trading account. but then the next day it says $32.82 and it closes at 33.02 and there is a - 19.99 taken out of my account so i should actually have $8 in my account when I bought it first but I only have $4. If they change the price everyday its not profitable to trade stocks then. can somebody explain this to me because I dont understand it.

First you mention EUR/USD that's a currency pair, then you mention ADBE and stocks. I have no idea what your talking about or what you are referring to.

Your account balance will not change until you close out your position, (with the exception of swap on pairs held over midnight UTC.) Nothing is being added or taken out of your account.

You account equity (and profit) will change as markets go up and down.

If they change the price everyday
What price?

WHRoeder:

First you mention EUR/USD that's a currency pair, then you mention ADBE and stocks. I have no idea what your talking about or what you are referring to.

Your account balance will not change until you close out your position, (with the exception of swap on pairs held over midnight UTC.) Nothing is being added or taken out of your account.

You account equity (and profit) will change as markets go up and down.

What price?
the entry price of the stocks I bought, for example I bought ADBE which is Adobe inc at entry price $33.10 and now the entry price says $32.18 and it was a short. Why they do that?
Reason: