correct procedure to import external data into mt4

so...

i untick the snychronise with data centre option

i empty the data in history centre, import my M1 data, then use the period converter to update the other Periodicities.

however, it still updates prices, even though i unticked the data centre sync box, although i am quite sure it does not overwrite my original data, it fills in the recent history and possibly data before the data I uploaded(which is not to be trusted!)

do i need to put in a fake proxy also ? if so, what would be a good dummy ?

thanks

saj1011:

so...

i untick the snychronise with data centre option

i empty the data in history centre, import my M1 data, then use the period converter to update the other Periodicities.

however, it still updates prices, even though i unticked the data centre sync box, although i am quite sure it does not overwrite my original data, it fills in the recent history and possibly data before the data I uploaded(which is not to be trusted!)

do i need to put in a fake proxy also ? if so, what would be a good dummy ?

thanks

The problem is, that You are connected to the server. If You start MT4 You have to stop the log-in prozess. It can be helpful that You delete Your account in the Navigator-window.

If You want to test with Your own data, the best way to do this is You make a new MT4 -Installation just for testing. Be careful that You install this MT4-Version under another name. Then delete the "complete history" files as well as the time-charts in the history-ordner (c:\programs\MT4\history).

I hope this is helpful for You.

Reason: