Multiple profiles with one expert advisor

Hi,

I'm using MT4 build 392.

I am running an expert advisor in one profile but it is being removed (uninit reason 4) when I change profiles. If I then change back to the original profile, the expert is once again re-loaded and initialized.

I have the option 'Disable experts when the profile has been changed' not checked (and also 'Disable experts when account has been changed' is also not checked).

I have tried this with several different experts but they all have the same problem.

Does anyone know how to make it work so that the EA will continue running when switching between profiles please?

Regards, Paul.

Are you running Vista or Win 7 Paul? If so, try this...

Make sure you have enabled Show hidden files and folders under the View tab of Folder Options. Then go to C: > Users > YourUserName > AppData > Local > VirtualStore > Program Files > YourMT4Folder > profiles. Copy profile folders from here to the MT4 directory in Program Files of your C drive (where your "real" terminal is located).

I can't remember how I found out about this, but it worked for me.

oz

ozfader:

Are you running Vista or Win 7 Paul? If so, try this...

Make sure you have enabled Show hidden files and folders under the View tab of Folder Options. Then go to C: > Users > YourUserName > AppData > Local > VirtualStore > Program Files > YourMT4Folder > profiles. Copy profile folders from here to the MT4 directory in Program Files of your C drive (where your "real" terminal is located).

I can't remember how I found out about this, but it worked for me.

oz

Thanks for your advice ozfader.

I am using Win7 but, unfortunately, this isn't causing the issue. I installed my MT4 in C:\MetaTrader to avoid these types of problems with file and folder virtualization for programs installed under 'C:\Program Files\'. The only files in the location you mention are from an old installation (which was under 'Program Files') and are dated back in January this year.

Regards, Paul.

Reason: