Opinion - very successfull EA - $3000 account to $6300 in two weeks (could have been $9000) - page 4

ubzen:

Why not trade your system for some time. Generate enough money and pay for a tutor? This is what I was afraid of. The constant barrage of self-advertisement. You're still trying different things with your system. It didn't work good when you ran it through the night so you changed it .... then it started being flat to downward and you changed it again ... then it started losing and you ramped the lots.

Whats the incentive for someone to teach you to code for free. Allot of people come in here with Logs of Excel results showing 90% win-rate and even they cannot get a programmer to work for free.

You can also pay a programmer to code your EA for ya but you're afraid they're going to know your precious. You're in a real ketch 22 my friend. Give yourself one year from now and you too may be able to program complete EA's with all the stuff recommended here.

In the main-time, I'll take my little experiment out of your thread. Good Luck.

"but you're afraid they're going to know your precious" lol

hey Ubzen, please dont go, this thread is just getting good !!!!its not self advertisement, really. Im posting this hoping to show that the strategy I have is working and maybe encourage some cooperative spirit to help me get there.

and also, it has just gone over $8000, from $6300, this is very precious to me, of course it is. Has anyone else on here come on and given away something like this for free and before they have it fully working for themselves ? I doubt it. thats a 27% increase in one day. on my other account I put on 20% yesterday and another 20% today, so please do not grow impatient at the moment, I am just asking for help for now.

MickGlancy:

"but you're afraid they're going to know your precious" lol

hey Ubzen, please dont go, this thread is just getting good !!!!its not self advertisement, really. Im posting this hoping to show that the strategy I have is working and maybe encourage some cooperative spirit to help me get there.

and also, it has just gone over $8000, from $6300, this is very precious to me, of course it is. Has anyone else on here come on and given away something like this for free and before they have it fully working for themselves ? I doubt it. thats a 27% increase in one day. on my other account I put on 20% yesterday and another 20% today, so please do not grow impatient at the moment, I am just asking for help for now.

what exactly are you asking for?

zzuegg:
what exactly are you asking for?

help with my programming.

How to have the EA remember an original market entry price, and use that price to send a pending order x amount of bars later if the original order stops out.

how to set further pending orders in one direction or another depending on market entry, eg if my EA enters long, can I set three or four pending orders in that direction at x amount of points/pips and can they then be deleted if the order stops out and my EA enters short, and vice versa. and can I switch this option on and off.

How to limit one trade to one bar, so that if the bar extends and retracts quickly, two or more trades are not entered one after the other, but a pending order or some other instruction can be executed.

I reckon I can use the higher (daily) timeframe to establish trend in a general way.

and have a trailing stop which trails from SL to 0, and stops at 0 when price = entry price + x points. I dont want a trailing stop but I need a dynamic SL until 0 (breakeven) is reached.

thats just for starters. Ive been doing these parts manually and struggling with code. probably quite simple stuff for someone who knows. I have the book and I have the documentation on line and I also have bought a book from amazon "expert advisor programming" by Andrew Young. I find it very basic now. The other problem I have, is that because I can only forward test on demo, each adjustment can take a long time to test, and then if it turns out wrong or doesnt work the way I thought, I then have to wait another long time before I can see any more results.

MickGlancy:

help with my programming.

How to have the EA remember an original market entry price, and use that price to send a pending order x amount of bars later if the original order stops out. use OrderOpenPrice() of the stopped out order

how to set further pending orders in one direction or another depending on market entry, eg if my EA enters long, can I set three or four pending orders in that direction at x amount of points/pips and can they then be deleted if the order stops out and my EA enters short, and vice versa. and can I switch this option on and off. add a external bool variable and open the pending when you open your regular orders, delete them on oposite opening

How to limit one trade to one bar, so that if the bar extends and retracts quickly, two or more trades are not entered one after the other, but a pending order or some other instruction can be executed. !!!Keep track of your open orders, and the time the last one was opened, use a datetime variable if it cannot be done with the orderhistory

I reckon I can use the higher (daily) timeframe to establish trend in a general way. iOpen/iClose/.... PERIOD_D1

and have a trailing stop which trails from SL to 0, and stops at 0 when price = entry price + x points. I dont want a trailing stop but I need a dynamic SL until 0 (breakeven) is reached. straight forward coding....

thats just for starters. Ive been doing these parts manually and struggling with code. probably quite simple stuff for someone who knows. I have the book and I have the documentation on line and I also have bought a book from amazon "expert advisor programming" by Andrew Young. I find it very basic now. The other problem I have, is that because I can only forward test on demo, each adjustment can take a long time to test, and then if it turns out wrong or doesnt work the way I thought, I then have to wait another long time before I can see any more results. use the strategy tester for bugfixing/checking your code and forwardtesting to verify the results

zzuegg:

thankyou zzuegg, Im onto it now

is there a manual anywhere that tells me how to use the back tester manually ? Im sure I read somewhere that I can enter and exit trades from the keyboard while it is running ?

MickGlancy:

thankyou zzuegg, Im onto it now

is there a manual anywhere that tells me how to use the back tester manually ? Im sure I read somewhere that I can enter and exit trades from the keyboard while it is running ?

Yeah, your boy zzuegg created a pretty neat manual back-tester simulator and give it away free in the code base. It's pretty basic so don't expect every order option (last time i checked at least). Now all you've gotta do is look there. There should be at least 1 other i think.

ubzen:

Yeah, your boy zzuegg created a pretty neat manual back-tester simulator and give it away free in the code base. It's pretty basic so don't expect every order option (last time i checked at least). Now all you've gotta do is look there. There should be at least 1 other i think.

thankyou :-)

is it easier to split an EA into parts, and build and test different parts of the program individually ?

@MickGlancy

seems like you have a good system ..although Im quite skeptical of anyone that posts threads of their holy grails.. I mean why would you? ..but in any case, Im always interested in different systems/trading rules so I will program it for you if you'd like. I've written software to which any system can be applied, in most cases with no coding at all, and traded via MT4. A very wide range of tweaks/money management strategies/etc etc..can be applied as well to improve & optimize a given system using the MT4 tester functions. Most trading system take no more than several minutes to apply to have 100% live-account-ready EA.. so it's no skin off my back to plug yours in and give it a run-though ..if you are interested send me a message.

supertrade:

@MickGlancy

seems like you have a good system ..although Im quite skeptical of anyone that posts threads of their holy grails.. I mean why would you? ..but in any case, Im always interested in different systems/trading rules so I will program it for you if you'd like. I've written software to which any system can be applied, in most cases with no coding at all, and traded via MT4. A very wide range of tweaks/money management strategies/etc etc..can be applied as well to improve & optimize a given system using the MT4 tester functions. Most trading system take no more than several minutes to apply to have 100% live-account-ready EA.. so it's no skin off my back to plug yours in and give it a run-though ..if you are interested send me a message.

thanks for you offer, I will take you up on it, but if you don't mind, I would like to blog my progress here on this thread too.

I don't know if I have a holy grail, I haven't called it that at any time, in fact I am almost overwhelmed it could be seen that way. I have expected everyone to be there already. I am very new to this MQL and I know probably only the basics about trading. If I have a "holy grail" then I have definitely stumbled upon it, but like I said earlier, I was initially asking advice on it and for help in programming to make it better. The draw-down was initially 33% but I seem to have fixed that simply by trading at certain times. I can understand it would be a serious pain in the ass if I was just stringing you all along for some weird reason, but Im not, Im sincere, and so I appreciate the positive response I have had so far. In fact ive been trying to work out who you guys are from your response. I expected "easier" help when I joined this forum but I found it wasn't as forthcoming as I thought it would be, although some guys have been really good, on the whole there either is not a lot of active members on here, or the culture really is one where I need to sweat blood before I ask for help as discussed above. Anyway, I dont want to get into the politics of the forum, Im gratefull Im getting help now. While I didnt expect to be handed the holy grail, as it is called, I didnt expect as much interest or suspicion over what I have or what I am doing.

There is nothing complicated about my strategy, its incredibly simple but I cant seem to lose money on it, and for example yesterday it had increased my account 10% in the first hour or so of trading, and even then I missed my first entry point or it would have been double at that point. The problem I have now is not entry, but controlling the trade and then deciding when to come out, which I need help programming with. So, if we could lay our suspicions to the side, and continue to be forthcoming in help, the sooner we will know if this is the holy grail or not because I dont have any other place to go for help on the internet that I know of. You are what I have to work with and I am possibly (if this works out to be a great system) the answer to all your financial ambitions. between this forum and email, three people have now offered to help me. With 4 trillion a DAY going through the forex, Im sure there is plenty of room for us all.

I know the code I need is simple and I know it is out there somewhere already. I want to learn too as I go along, so that I can test and run multiple instances on multiple computers. I am going to start posting the code I need help with on here, and my little nugget of gold replaced by the first MA crossover I can find. We can take it from there. If you want to help and be part of this stay on board, please, but if you dont, there is nothing more I can do for you just now.

I am getting the error that OpenBuyOrder and OpenSellOrder function returns no result

what am I doing wrong ?

bool GetSignal(int MaxBuyOrders, double StopLoss, double TakeProfit)
{
   double Op_Buy,Op_Sell,Op_BuyStop,Op_SellStop,Op_BuyLimit,Op_SellLimit;

int total = OrdersTotal();

for(int x=total-1; x>=0; x-- )
  {
    OrderSelect(x, SELECT_BY_POS, MODE_TRADES);
      double type   = OrderType();

bool result = false;

if (type==OP_BUY)
      { Op_Buy++ ;}
      if (type==OP_SELL)
      { Op_Sell++ ;}

if (type==OP_BUYSTOP)
         { Op_BuyStop++ ;}
      if (type==OP_SELLSTOP)
      { Op_SellStop++ ;}

}

int limit=1;
   for(int i=1;i<=limit;i++)
   {
      double MA1=iMA(NULL,0,100,0,1,0,0);
      double MA2=iMA(NULL,0,100,0,1,0,1);
      double MA3=iMA(NULL,0,40,0,1,0,0);
      double MA4=iMA(NULL,0,40,0,1,0,1);

string BUY="false";
      string SELL="false";

if(MA1 < MA3 && MA2 > MA4)BUY="true"; 
      if(MA1 > MA3 && MA2 < MA4)SELL="true";
      // missed out  && total == 0 for now
      string SignalBUY="false";
      string SignalSELL="false";

if(BUY=="true")
      if(ReverseSystem)SignalSELL="true";
      else SignalBUY="true";

if(SELL=="true")
      if(ReverseSystem)SignalBUY="true";
      else SignalSELL="true";

if (SignalBUY=="true" && Op_Buy < MaxBuyOrders ) return (OpenBuyOrder(StopLoss,TakeProfit));
      if (SignalSELL=="true" && Op_Sell < MaxSellOrders)return (OpenSellOrder(StopLoss,TakeProfit));
   }
   return(0);
}

void OpenBuyOrder( double StopLoss, double TakeProfit )
{
         int Ticket;
         double SL,TP,SLP,TPP,OPP;

if(HideSL==false && StopLoss>0){SL=Ask-StopLoss*Point;}
         else {SL=0;}

if(SL>0 && SL>(Bid-MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_STOPLEVEL)*Point)){SL=Bid-MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_STOPLEVEL)*Point;}

if(HideTP==false && TakeProfit>0){TP=Ask+TakeProfit*Point;}
         else {TP=0;}

Ticket=OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,Lots,Ask,Slippage,SL,TP,EAName,Magic,0,Blue);

return(0);    
}

void OpenSellOrder( double StopLoss, double TakeProfit)
{
         int Ticket;
         double SL,TP,SLP,TPP,OPP;

if(HideSL==false && StopLoss>0){SL=Bid+StopLoss*Point;}
         else {SL=0;}

if(SL>0 && SL<(Ask+MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_STOPLEVEL)*Point)){SL=Ask+MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_STOPLEVEL)*Point;}

if(HideTP==false && TakeProfit>0){TP=Bid-TakeProfit*Point;}
         else {TP=0;/*TPP=0;*/}

Ticket=OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_SELL,Lots,Bid,Slippage,SL,TP,EAName,Magic,0,Red);

return(0); 
}

Reason: