MT4 Freezes when I open select indicator list

As the title suggests when I right click on a chart and select Indicator List my charts freeze up and I have to do a cntl / alt / del to shut the program down

help

Don't install in \program files\...

So now I have to uninstall and reinstall the program ???

Thanks

pokerfxtrader:

As the title suggests when I right click on a chart and select Indicator List my charts freeze up and I have to do a cntl / alt / del to shut the program down

help

Hi PokerFxTrader,

There are a few reasons the chart locks up when I try to put indicators on the chart.

1) Too many indicators in your list. MT4 can only handle a certain number of indicators on the indicator list. Delete the ones you don't use and try again.

2) The indicator I tried to place on the chart has a problem and locks up the chart (and the system). Reboot...and before you run your MT4, delete or rename the indicator having a problem, and then run MT4. If the indicator was the problem, then MT4 should run ok now.

3) Try WHRoeder's suggestion - move the files to a different folder outside of "Program Files'. You should not need to uninstall/re-install, just create a new folder elsewhere and move the files to your new folder.

Hope this helps,
Robert

Hey guys I was having the same issue...

try this, it worked for me!

https://forum.mql4.com/12997#543982

Reason: