Noob question. How can add lots to my open trade?

Dear all,

I would like to know if there's a function that allow my EA to increase (only increase) the number of lots of my open trade. Could someone help me, please?

Thank you in advance.

I can think of one reason why you can't do what you are asking and that would be that when you trade you take a price that is on offer at that time.

It would be a bit like trying to bet on a horse after it has won!!!

Ickyrus:

I can think of one reason why you can't do what you are asking and that would be that when you trade you take a price that is on offer at that time.

It would be a bit like trying to bet on a horse after it has won!!!

Sorry, I'm afraid I didn't explain myself correctly. What I want to do is increasing the number of lots as the trade goes on the trend I'm following but before closing it . Every time a new candlestick is in my trend, new lots would be added. I know you can do it manually, so I would like how to do it in an automatic way.

Please excuse my English. I'm still learnin! :)

Thank you

Start a manual trade?

if the direction is right automatically add another trade on start of next candlestick (Ordersend(.........))

if the manual order is closed then close all automatically opened orders?

Ickyrus:

Start a manual trade?

if the direction is right automatically add another trade on start of next candlestick (Ordersend(.........))

if the manual order is closed then close all automatically opened orders?

No. I dont want to make any manual trade. Only automatic trades. I just want to add more lots to any open trade and without creating a new order . Could someone tell me what function could do the job?

Thank you.

search for the snowball EA (its open source), there is an 80% chance that this is exactly what you really want to do. Its an anti-grid (similar to anti-martingale) EA, that will add to the winner and immediately cut the losers. It will cause a constant bleeding when it ranges but once it starts trending your profit will very soon exceed all previous losses since profit will rise quadratic with price.

Its a semi-automatic EA, you decide when to start and when to stop it and it will then place the orders automatically. You can let it automatically TP at a certain profit level or when price crosses a line that you draw into the chart. You can also pause at any time (before the weekend for example) and resume at the same level or even reverse the trading direction without resetting it.

7bit:

search for the snowball EA (its open source), there is an 80% chance that this is exactly what you really want to do. Its an anti-grid (similar to anti-martingale) EA, that will add to the winner and immediately cut the losers. It will cause a constant bleeding when it ranges but once it starts trending your profit will very soon exceed all previous losses since profit will rise quadratic with price.

Its a semi-automatic EA, you decide when to start and when to stop it and it will then place the orders automatically. You can let it automatically TP at a certain profit level or when price crosses a line that you draw into the chart. You can also pause at any time (before the weekend for example) and resume at the same level or even reverse the trading direction without resetting it.

Thank you. I will take a look on it.

How to add lots to an open trade?

Pretty easy:

1. Open two trades with the same maximum lot size in opposite directions (hedging)

2. If you want to add lots in one direction, simply Close the other direction partially

Hanky27:

How to add lots to an open trade?

Pretty easy:

1. Open two trades with the same maximum lot size in opposite directions (hedging)

2. If you want to add lots in one direction, simply Close the other direction partially

That is totally incorrect. Do the maths. Your answer is just as "noob" as the question.

That is effectively the same as adding to your position with a NEW trade in the same direction at the current price without the need for "hedging"; not to mention the extra cost (spread & commission) of the "hedging".

Reason: