How to Disable Incoming MAILBOX ???

I have noticed that my broker sends mail to the MT4 platform at critical trading moments, which slows down or crashes MT4.

This is OBVIOUSLY another scam build into MT4 to attempt to make trading more difficult.

So many scams, so many tricks . .... .... .......

Is there a way to 'Completely and Totally Disable' the MT4 Mailbox ?

There must be a way !!! I am willing to hire a coder or hacker to Remove the Entire Mailbox feature in MT4 !!!

Please leave a comment to contact me.

I would think that asking your broker to stop sending mail at times that are deemed 'crucial' would be a simpler and less hazardous approach, although I must admit that I have not searched for a solution to that issue (but of course, you would have done such a search, before posting ...)

Maybe give http://www.forexpeacearmy.com a go and see if others have similar issues with your broker.

My broker is no help. They told me that the "mail" they send is 'beneficial to all'.

C'mon !!!

Logic suggest: That if I am trading my hard earned money, I would want NOTHING to share the port with which I am trading through.

-- WHY, would the coders of MetaTrader force me to share the data port with the 'mailbox' feature? Yes, forced because I cannot disable it, and it has cost me money!

jimmy240:

I have noticed that my broker sends mail to the MT4 platform at critical trading moments, which slows down or crashes MT4.

There must be a way !!! I am willing to hire a coder or hacker to Remove the Entire Mailbox feature in MT4 !!!

If mt4 is crashing, the there's a problem with YOUR installation. Don't install in \program files on Vista/Win7

options -> Server -> Enable news.

WHRoeder:

If mt4 is crashing, the there's a problem with YOUR installation. Don't install in \program files on Vista/Win7

options -> Server -> Enable news.

I run windows XP on one computer, windows 98 on another computer, windows 2000 on another computer, and windows vista on a fourth computer.

There is NO problem with any of my installations.

You can Un-Check : options -> server -> enable news ALL Day, but you WILL STILL get News in the Mailbox ....ALL DAY !!! What a useless setting !!!

Give me the option to actually disable this crap !!!!

jimmy240:

Give me the option to actually disable this crap !!!!

Why don't you simply switch your broker? This would be far less expensive than hiring a hacker to modify your MT4.

You seem to be absolutely certain that you broker is trying to scam you and steal your money and still you want to continue entrusting all your hard earned money to him, no matter the cost. This sounds quite schizophrenic to me.

7bit:
This sounds quite schizophrenic to me.
Exactly:
which slows down or crashes MT4.
verses
There is NO problem with any of my installations
Either there is a problem or your code is crashing it. I get two or three a week, haven't had a problem for years.
I run windows XP on one computer, windows 98 on another computer, windows 2000 on another computer, and windows vista on a fourth computer.
I thought mq4 only ran on XP or later.

jimmy240:

This is OBVIOUSLY another scam build into MT4 to attempt to make trading more difficult.

So many scams, so many tricks . .... .... .......

Is there a way to 'Completely and Totally Disable' the MT4 Mailbox ?

Please leave a comment to contact me.

If mt4 uses a different port to recieve emails than it does for the price feed you could block it with a firewall

I really need a solution for this problem also. It is crashing my MetaTrader platform too. Does anyone know a workaround, at least? if I keep the Terminal window closed, that helps, but when I re-open it to view my trades, the same thing happens again. There must be a way to turn it off. A constant stream of non-stop messages... and it keeps crashing my MetaTrader. Please, someone help.

Did Anybody switch off that feature which switch to inbox or did stop receiving emails from broker? I really need it because my broker Alpari does it when broker goes to the market with its bids. I am scalper and these moments of time are very important for me and I don't want to lose my time and reaction and change brokers for this reason. Just help me and other guys who has the same question.

P.S. It is not issue regarding to operation systems at all.

There were only 3 e-mails yesterday and 2 the day before. Why such an outcry about this?

What is exactly the problem? Is it the switching of the Terminal subwindow from "Trade" to "Mailbox"? Or is it that you feel that the trading channel to the broker is taken up by e-mails and your trades do not go through? In any case there could be a solution using MQL to make those problems tolerable.

Reason: