Same account logged in two MT4 instances

How does it work when I login to the same account from two MT4 instances? I know I can see (near)real-time changes in orders/equity, but what happens when I try to run EAs in both instances? Will they be able to open orders at the same time? Or will one of them potentionally receive the Busy error message similar as if they were running in the same MT4 instance?

Why do you want to do that?
marki555:
How does it work when I login to the same account from two MT4 instances? I know I can see (near)real-time changes in orders/equity, but what happens when I try to run EAs in both instances? Will they be able to open orders at the same time? Or will one of them potentionally receive the Busy error message similar as if they were running in the same MT4 instance?

To completely isolate the EAs. And for example when using complicated indicators, having 2 instances of MT4 with the same account allows you to utilize 2 CPU cores.

marki555:
To completely isolate the EAs. And for example when using complicated indicators, having 2 instances of MT4 with the same account allows you to utilize 2 CPU cores.

same account in different instances will work.

But to isolate the EAs will only work if the logic is designed for this (f.E. on instance only open orders, other only close orders) or if EA works also on different charts in each instance.

If you have few instances of MetaTrader with same EA on same Chart ... every EA will do the same.

EADeveloper:

same account in different instances will work.

But to isolate the EAs will only work if the logic is designed for this (f.E. on instance only open orders, other only close orders) or if EA works also on different charts in each instance.

If you have few instances of MetaTrader with same EA on same Chart ... every EA will do the same.

Yes, I understand that... but what if 2 different EAs are trying to open an order at the same time?

When running inside the same instance, one of them would receive "Trade context busy" error. Will the same apply also when each EA is running in its own instance? Or will they be able to open orders at the same time?

I am now looking at https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/1412 and it mentions this:

To trade from experts and scripts, only one thread was provided that was launched in the program trade context (context of automated trading from experts and scripts). This is why, if this context is occupied with an expert trading operation, another expert or script cannot call trading functions at that moment due to error 146 (ERR_TRADE_CONTEXT_BUSY).

So I assume that it is a limitation of MT4 terminal, so when using two MT4 instances, the error should not occur.

Reason: