A clarification of my technical question

Is there any documentation on which function calls are able to be handled from your local machine and which require a round trip to the server. Recently, in a very fast moving (gaping also) market, on one platform the spread widened dramatically. My calculations used the original spread and thus were way off. Now I realize that I must check the spread before each calculation. Is the spread a server call or does my local machine have it due to having the Bid/Ask? I know that I can calculate the spread by getting the difference (I am using that as an example).

Thanks in advance
Scott

Only trade functions: OrderSend, OrderModify, OrderDelete, OrderClose, OrderCloseBy can request the trade server. All other functions work locally.

All market changes are obtained automatically via pumping connection. All changes after expert start are accessible with RefreshRates functions.

You can request server with current Bid or Ask prices only! You can calculate execution price in case of pending order only. Price cannot be calculated for market order.

stringo wrote:
Only trade functions: OrderSend, OrderModify, OrderDelete, OrderClose, OrderCloseBy can request the trade server. All other functions work locally.

All market changes are obtained automatically via pumping connection. All changes after expert start are accessible with RefreshRates functions.

You can request server with current Bid or Ask prices only! You can calculate execution price in case of pending order only. Price cannot be calculated for market order.

Thank you so much, that is exactly the information I was trying to obtain.

Scott
Reason: