Is there a way to have a robot restart itself after an unexpected crash or a freeze?

Hi all,

I want to know if i can make my robot reset/restart itself after an unexpected crash or a freeze. For instance, my robot, in few occasions goes into timeout after an unresponsive server request and it stops trading. Other times, i get a "zero devide" fatal error when the marketInfo function fails to receive the symbol name due to communications problems.

Any suggestions?

Thanxs to all.

robotalfa:

Hi all,

I want to know if i can make my robot reset/restart itself after an unexpected crash or a freeze. For instance, my robot, in few occasions goes into timeout after an unresponsive server request and it stops trading. Other times, i get a "zero devide" fatal error when the marketInfo function fails to receive the symbol name due to communications problems.

Any suggestions?

Thanxs to all.

such errors should be handled inside your code..

//z

zzuegg:

such errors should be handled inside your code..

//z

I know. But I'd also like to know if what I ask is possible.

robotalfa:

I want to know if i can make my robot reset/restart itself after an unexpected crash or a freeze. [...]

Obviously some external process must do so since the expert no longer functions at this stage. I think it's better to concentrate on achieving a stable trading environment rather than trying to implement such a system... I have had Terminals trading for weeks with no problems (with build 226; there have been various reports of instability with the latest builds).

[...] For instance, my robot, in few occasions goes into timeout after an unresponsive server request and it stops trading. [...]

The expert should be coded to handle this situation. No reason to restart the expert if this happens.

[...] Other times, i get a "zero devide" fatal error when the marketInfo function fails to receive the symbol name due to communications problems.

You should check that the denominator is not zero prior to devision. A properly coded expert should NEVER have "zero divide" errors.

gordon:

Obviously some external process must do so since the expert no longer functions at this stage. I think it's better to concentrate on achieving a stable trading environment rather than trying to implement such a system... I have had Terminals trading for weeks with no problems (with build 226; there have been various reports of instability with the latest builds).

The expert should be coded to handle this situation. No reason to restart the expert if this happens.

You should check that the denominator is not zero prior to devision. A properly coded expert should NEVER have "zero divide" errors.

Thanxs gordon.

I want to add something. Forex is no child games. If you want to trade and EARN MONEY, you MUST have a nice PC and a fine connection. You cannot pretend to be serious about making money from forex and using cheap connections and cheap equipment.

That's what I think. INVEST!!!!

abaye:

I want to add something. Forex is no child games. If you want to trade and EARN MONEY, you MUST have a nice PC and a fine connection. You cannot pretend to be serious about making money from forex and using cheap connections and cheap equipment.

That's what I think. INVEST!!!!

"..."

P.S. Sorry for the edit. I wrote a response to this unnecessary comment but decided it doesn't deserve one.

Reason: