Taking Profits while still available

I would like anyone to educate me on how to take a portion of my profit for a trade that is in profit. what I mean is if I have a trade with 2 lots in profit and want to liquidate 1 lot and allow the remaining 1 lot freedom as the market moves. This is different from trailling with a certain number of pips. Just to take a part of profit and allow the market to develop.This is possible on a platform I have used before.

I wish someone can assist in this regard on meta trader.

Thank you.

290308:

I would like anyone to educate me on how to take a portion of my profit for a trade that is in profit. what I mean is if I have a trade with 2 lots in profit and want to liquidate 1 lot and allow the remaining 1 lot freedom as the market moves. This is different from trailling with a certain number of pips. Just to take a part of profit and allow the market to develop.This is possible on a platform I have used before.

I wish someone can assist in this regard on meta trader.

Thank you.

open 2 lots:

OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,2,NormalizeDouble(Ask,Digits),SLIPPAGE,NormalizeDouble(sl,Digits),NormalizeDouble(tp,Digits),Hint,Magic,0,Blue);

after close 1 Lot:

OrderClose(OrderTicket(),1,OrderClosePrice(),Slippage,Orange);

EADeveloper:

Note that the ticket number changes after the partial close, you'll have to do a orderSelect loop to get the new ticket number.

EADeveloper:

open 2 lots:

OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,2,NormalizeDouble(Ask,Digits),SLIPPAGE,NormalizeDouble(sl,Digits),NormalizeDouble(tp,Digits),Hint,Magic,0,Blue);

after close 1 Lot:

Thank you for your prompt response.

EADeveloper:

open 2 lots:

after close 1 Lot:

I would still want know how to implement this on the trading terminal. I am a novice as far as MQL4 is concerned. Pleas assist.

Thank you.

No slaves here, either learn to code or pay someone.
Reason: