Simultaneous Closing of Position with EA

Hey, does anyone know why the following happened? I had an ea attached to a gbpusd chart with an open position. I also had a live trade going on the eurousd without an ea attached to it. When the conditions were right, the ea attached to the gbpusd closed the position, but simultaneously, the eurousd position closed too. Why did this happen, and how can I prevent it in the future?

Are you talking about 2 EA's running on the same account?

this may have different reasons:

For example: if you have multiple EAs they have same MAGIC number or none of them MAGIC number (magic 0) and dont check Symbol() in routines

gordon:
Are you talking about 2 EA's running on the same account?

No, only one ea was attached to the gbppusd chart. There was no ea attached to the eurusd chart.

forestmyopia:
No, only one ea was attached to the gbppusd chart. There was no ea attached to the eurusd chart.
If that EA was not exclusively managing it's own orders (via their magic number) then it's possible that it closed that EURUSD order...

gordon:
If that EA was not exclusively managing it's own orders (via their magic number) then it's possible that it closed that EURUSD order...

mmm, looks like I'm going to study about magic numbers, something which I have ignored in the past. I hope this cures the problem. Thanks for the info.
Reason: