Webserver + email

Hello,

I would like to do a couple of things with MT4 but I am not sure if it is doable with the current API:

• I would like to send myself emails when certain events happen and attach a picture of the graph which triggered the event
  • I need to keep some graphs up to date on a website so I can see them at work. I would like to save a picture of certain graphs every 10 seconds or so on my web server, can I set up a task to refresh this picture every x seconds or so ?

Cheers

Tony

BlueTrin:

[...] I would like to send myself emails when certain events happen and attach a picture of the graph which triggered the event [...]

Email capabilities are built into MT4 via the function SendMail(). Saving current graph screen can be done with WindowScreenShot(). Unfortunately, the built-in email client does not support attachments. One possible solution would be to send the picture via FTP with SendFTP(), although personally I've found it to be unreliable (but it works fine for many people). Another solution would be to use an alternative email client either via a DLL or via a command-line emailer. See here for more info -> https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/124238.

I need to keep some graphs up to date on a website so I can see them at work. I would like to save a picture of certain graphs every 10 seconds or so on my web server, can I set up a task to refresh this picture every x seconds or so ?

Yes, with the function I mentioned. But there is no reason to do that... U can just install MT4 on your work computer. Multiple Terminals can connect to the same account at the same time with no problems...

gordon:

Email capabilities are built into MT4 via the function SendMail(). Saving current graph screen can be done with WindowScreenShot(). Unfortunately, the built-in email client does not support attachments. One possible solution would be to send the picture via FTP with SendFTP(), although personally I've found it to be unreliable (but it works fine for many people). Another solution would be to use an alternative email client either via a DLL or via a command-line emailer. See here for more info -> https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/124238.

Yes, with the function I mentioned. But there is no reason to do that... U can just install MT4 on your work computer. Multiple Terminals can connect to the same account at the same time with no problems...

Thank you Gordon, about installing MT4, it is more like I am not allowed to install this kind of software at work :).

Thank you for your reply !

Will give a try.

BlueTrin:

Thank you Gordon, about installing MT4, it is more like I am not allowed to install this kind of software at work :).

An alternative is to use remote connection software to view your home desktop (RDC, LogMeIn, TeamViewer, uVNC, TightVNC, etc.). I'm pretty sure some of these do not require installing any software (they are web-based or have a 'portable' installation).

gordon:
An alternative is to use remote connection software to view your home desktop (RDC, LogMeIn, TeamViewer, uVNC, TightVNC, etc.). I'm pretty sure some of these do not require installing any software (they are web-based or have a 'portable' installation).

Thanks for sharing Gordon. 

BlueTrin, I was in the same situation, until CB gave the idea of installing MT4 on a Flash disk . So unless, launching .exe is a no-no, you can try MT on flash disk. 

cameofx:

Thanks for sharing Gordon.

BlueTrin, I was in the same situation, until CB gave the idea of installing MT4 on a Flash disk . So unless, launching .exe is a no-no, you can try MT on flash disk.

Ya, come to think of it u don't really need to 'install' mt4. Just copy the mt4 folder to a flash disk and copy it to your desktop at work. No installation...

Um guys, it is more like if I get caught doing this, my boss will not like me spending time doing this kind of thing instead of doing some real work ... :))
Reason: