MODE_TICKVALUE error! - page 2

superbem:

It's quite obvious that server side have a MODE_TICKVALUE that is accurate for sure... So... They can override the value to the client!?

What else can they override, hum?

They are your broker. They can theoretically do whatever they want, even take your money and disappear.

all MarketInfo() values comes from the broker/dealer (who runs the market), therefore the name MarketInfo: *Info* about the *market* to which your MT4 terminal is connected to.

And if it were connected to my market it would of course return the values that happen to be relevant in my market. Did you know that the prices also come from the broker? This is one of the reasons it needs an internet connection and is called "terminal".

Sarcasm no please...

NO, they can't do whatever they want or else they go to jail or gonna be hunted, ok? You are saying that broker can be criminals if they want, wtf?

Returning info not accurate at minimal is bad for reputation, I don't see that as a way to get our money, is quite impossible...

But I continue to say, it's a BUG, isn´t the server running program made by the same company as the terminal?

geez

superbem:

[...] But I continue to say, it's a BUG, isn´t the server running program made by the same company as the terminal?

Yes, but MT4 server is configured by the broker and has an API to connect to 3rd party products. Broker's who offer cfd's almost surely use some sort of bridge. Regardless, it's the broker's responsibility. For the last time - please talk to your broker!

Base on this topic, I want to ask a question about MODE_TICKVALUE.

Does that it will be always 0 when in back test and trying to get the value of the currency pair other than the current one?

Thanks.

It's a limitation of the Tester. You can only read MarketInfo() values of tested symbol.

gordon:
Yes, but MT4 server is configured by the broker and has an API to connect to 3rd party products. Broker's who offer cfd's almost surely use some sort of bridge. Regardless, it's the broker's responsibility. For the last time - please talk to your broker!

It's configured but not programmed, and that could be programmed ok, I'm sure!

It seems there's a lack of programmer for development in mt4... Can I send my c.v.? One of my jobs here: www.bpd.uni.cc

gordon:
It's a limitation of the Tester. You can only read MarketInfo() values of tested symbol.
Ok, thanks Gordon

kolier:

Base on this topic, I want to ask a question about MODE_TICKVALUE.

Does that it will be always 0 when in back test and trying to get the value of the currency pair other than the current one?

Thanks.

As Gordon stated, tickvalue will be zero for all currency pairs other than the one being tested...and it will be fixed at the most recent "live" value at the time the backtest is started for all cross-currency pairs. This means for cross-currency pairs the tickvalue is wrong during the backtest.

This is no different than some of the other marketinfo values, such as SWAP.

superbem:

It's configured but not programmed, and that could be programmed ok, I'm sure!

It seems there's a lack of programmer for development in mt4... Can I send my c.v.? One of my jobs here: www.bpd.uni.cc

It must be configured because they could decide to let you trade apples/oranges in lot sizes of 42000 apples and a tick size of 0.1 orange per apple and this would result in some dollar value for TICK_VALUE (this can be calculated) depending on the dollar price of oranges. And the next day they could chose to make the lot size 10000 and the tick size 0.01 and this would result in a different TICK_VALUE. They must configure this. If all three return 0 then they forgot it, the server must be told about this or it could not determine how much 0.1 lot of apples is and how to calculate the profit.

Can you actually trade these instruments or just watch them? I have seen brokers that give you the feeds for some indexes to allow you charting but don't allow any trading. Then there is no lotsize defined and also no tick value because it would not be needed.

Having ticksize, lotsize, quote currency, they for sure have tickvalue...

What is happening in a bunch of brokers I tested, is that when I open position I verify that they have on server the correct tickvalue, but the terminal on the function marketinfo() the mode tickvalue returns incomplete...

Because, and for sure, the cfd quote currency from broker aren't coming.

So, the function marketinfo() could be corrected to return the correct tickvalue having from broker the ticksize, lotsize and cfd quote currency... OR retrieving the tickvalue from server as it says when position is opened with correct profit/loss as I stated.

It's clear now? Please say that you understood.

Reason: