New Version of MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal Build 228 - page 2

New Version of the MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal build 229

• Fixed errors in the operation of the internal mailing system.
  • In the Help menu of MetaEditor added a link to MQL5.com.
The live update will be available through the LiveUpdate system.

Rosh:

Please, take in mind that not all the trading people uses Microsoft Windows to run MetaTrader and since the last two updates it is impossible to run under Linux/Wine.

Thanks in advance. I'm sure it'll be fixed soon.

Regards

acushnir:

Thanks in advance. I'm sure it'll be fixed soon.

I doubt it. They did this intentionally. They included code tat detects that it is not run in Windows and refuse to run for no other reason than annoying the users.

7bit:
I doubt it. They did this intentionally. They included code tat detects that it is not run in Windows and refuse to run for no other reason than annoying the users.

Ok,

I fixed my problem. :-)

First i updated wine to version 1.3.6

Then executed: winetrick ie7 to install IExplorer 7

With this i solved my 2 problems:

1 ) Updated metatrader to new version w/o problems

2 ) The help in metaeditor worked again :-)

I hope it could be useful

Regards

Rosh:

Avira Antivirus is detecting this Live update a Trojan. Anybody experience like that. Message popsup whenever i start MT4.

regme:

Avira Antivirus is detecting this Live update a Trojan. Anybody experience like that. Message popsup whenever i start MT4.

Here -> https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/130075. Next time try searching before u post.

On 2010.12.12 my FXDD demo accounts were updated from build 228 to build 229. For Strategy Tester, I am using FXDD history data for testing EAs (http://www.fxdd.com/en/mt1m-data.html). And the FXDD terminal used for testing is not connected to the server so history data is not mixed with data from server. After update, the Strategy Tester results on all of my current developing EAs were negatively different. All tested EAs had good positive gains with previous build 228 and now with build 229 all results are loses I first thought that the FXDD history data may have been corrupted while connected to FXDD server for the update to build 229. I re-downloaded the FXDD History data and the negative testing results did not change. I then retested on a terminal with previous build 228 and tester results back to the positive results. So I can only suspect that build 229 has changes that effected the tester results. I do not know if the build change that resulted in this tester difference are from MetaQuotes or from FXDD, as build updates are sent to brokers first and then brokers adjust spreads, swaps and etc. and then releases to endusers. It is disconcerting to spend months working on and testing trading strategies and then with a single build update, all that work seems to be for nothing.

Reason: