New Version of MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal Build 228

1. Fixed errors in the operation of the internal mail system.
  2. Fixed crashes of MQL4 programs caused by the use of hacking protection.
  3. Added translation of the interface of the client terminal into Swedish.
  4. Fixed errors reported in crash logs.
The live update will be available through the LiveUpdate system.

Rosh:

1. Fixed errors in the operation of the internal mail system.
  2. Fixed crashes of MQL4 programs caused by the use of hacking protection.
  3. Added translation of the interface of the client terminal into Swedish.
  4. Fixed errors reported in crash logs.
The live update will be available through the LiveUpdate system.

.exe file virus.

please get rid of this Themida thing. It serves no other purpose than costing you license costs and EA developer's nerves. MT4 does not contain any super-secret or innovative algorithms, its all pretty boring standard stuff, it does not do any things that would make a reverse engineer want to decompile it to steal code. I don't understand against which kind of attack you are trying to protect it. What would your imaginary "hacker" try to achieve? Why would anyone want to "hack" it? And even if he had a reason why wouldn't he simply download and decompile one of the older builds that do not yet have this Themida annoyance?

Rewriting it from scratch to make an MT4 clone would probably be many times easier than trying to decompile parts of MT4 "to see how it works". It is no secret how such an application works and how to write one from scratch.

For the many of us who run MT4 under Linux using wine, we now get an error "debugger detected. please remove this before starting the program." So we can't update to the new build. Any suggestions on getting around this? Please try to avoid the flame-war inciting suggestion of "switch to Windows." Thanks.

tx413:
For the many of us who run MT4 under Linux using wine, we now get an error "debugger detected. please remove this before starting the program." So we can't update to the new build. Any suggestions on getting around this? Please try to avoid the flame-war inciting suggestion of "switch to Windows." Thanks.

This is caused by this Themida¹ nonsense. It is not clear why they are doing this, it serves no other purpose than annoying the users and introducing bugs and problems where no problems would have been without it.

Unfortunately MetaQuotes does not answer questions in this forum or care about the end users of their product, their customers are the paying dealers, we traders and end users of MT4 are just a necessary evil for them, not more.

________

¹) or whatever other "protection" software they chose to use in this version.

PS: I have an old 225 build of terminal.exe lying around here that does not yet have any of these problematic softwares attached to it and this one can be debugged without problems and allows me to disassemble, set breakpoints and single-step my DLL calls.

I've noticed when there is a power-failure, the variables in "Tools->Global Variables" disappear, with harmful effects from my EA (equity loss). This happened several times.

Now I’ve decided to make my own persistent global variable table, fail-safe and reliable, but I would rather prefer MT4 team could handle this issue.

I also have problem with Global Variables in certain situation. My resolution, which is simple and effective, was to use FIleWrite() functions to record needed data values to a hard file and then use FileRead() in the init() section to reload these values into EA. This way, needed data is always protected and restored to EA after terminal restart. . So far, it has worked great for me.

How about a fix for the scrolling when the chart is set to scale fix ?

It uses the same tiny button on the edge of the chart to scroll the chart as well as to adjust the scale, this makes it very difficult to use and often an attempt to zoom the chart in for close examinitation of MA line crosses etc causes the chart to jump to a smaller scale instead of a larger one. It takes a whole bunch of manipulating and fiddling with that scroller to make the chart fully scaled in to maximum zoom and to pull the chart to the correct position on the screen this is a bug that has been crying out to be fixed for years.

When MetaTrader updates to version 228 and restarts after the downloading and installation procedure, the update-window appears after the restart again.

How can I fix this problem?

Thanks for your reply.

mine does that too i dont believe the live update is working correctly my update window pos up every time i restart but it didnt update and is still version 226

I just re-installed old version 226 right over new version because MT4 wouldn't even start. I kept getting the debugger window. 226 is now working fine.
SDC:

mine does that too i dont believe the live update is working correctly my update window pos up every time i restart but it didnt update and is still version 226

Reason: