Is there any MetaTrader port for Linux ?

No

MetaTrader can work under wine

ASPLinux 11 Deluxe.
wine-0.9.5-2.110asp.i386.rpm
mfc42.dll.

That sounds great. Now I'm not a Linux fan, but Linux rental servers are relatively cheap. If this can really work, that means I would need something like Remote Administrator for Linux and bingo! FULL AUTOMATION

well...I don't know anyone (me included) who _really_ got MT4 run under Linux...
Do you think MetaQuotes will sometime plan to develop MT4 for Linux (esp. for all the people using VPSs)?

well....yeah, thanks Rosh...I don't understand Russian but I know what this article is describing. However I am not sure if all the functions of MT4 are working because I get it to run via wine, too. Only some functions are not working and I doubt that this Russian guy got it to work, also: look what this platform on wine looks like...even the symbols aren't displayed correctly.

Even his topic is old in the date of posting, but I really wish that I ca nuse the linux operating system, just for stopping the se of the microsoft windows, in addition to the financial point of view that linux is cheaper, also windows is only a stupid operating system invented by microsoft compnay by copying the ideas from others, and dominatng the PC world with it..... and the sad thing is that everyone is helping them to do so.......

There is NO port of MT4 for Linux/UNIX?

samirmta:
Even his topic is old in the date of posting, but I really wish that I ca nuse the linux operating system, just for stopping the se of the microsoft windows, in addition to the financial point of view that linux is cheaper, also windows is only a stupid operating system invented by microsoft compnay by copying the ideas from others, and dominatng the PC world with it..... and the sad thing is that everyone is helping them to do so.......
MT4 under Linux (Ubuntu 6.10).... ROCKS.... Works like a charm... ALL OF IT... except:

a) I don't have arrows or check-mark that I can put on charts (they show up as symbols)
b) Can't read mail under "Mailbox" tab (shows up as ..<HTML><HTML>)

looking to fix this now....

AND IT'S FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAST!!! STOP WINDOWS!!! :)
Reason: