refreshing chart after I update the hst file

Hi all.

I want to construct a indicator that makes my chart to do the refresh event ("as if I had pressed the refresh button in the metatrader"). what I pretend is to update the hst file with new quotes and then I want my chart to automatically refresh after I update the hst file. I have already done the hst updating. now I need to do the second part (to update the chart with the new information in the hst file)

(Actually it works manually when I press the refresh button)

thanks for the help.

have a look at the ofline_charts.mqh file in the code base (there is also a link to a newer version), it includes all functions that are needed for operating with .hst files and offline charts, including the mechanism to automatically update the chart. You should use this instead of re-inventing the wheel.

7bit:
have a look at the ofline_charts.mqh file in the code base (there is also a link to a newer version), it includes all functions that are needed for operating with .hst files and offline charts, including the mechanism to automatically update the chart. You should use this instead of re-inventing the wheel.

thank you very much. I would check it right now and post my comment about it tomorrow. can you please post the link where I can download it. I didnt found it anywhere. thanks again

http://sites.google.com/site/prof7bit/offline_charts-mqh

This is the current version. An older version is here in the code base (section libraries), along with some more descriptions and an example for plotting the equity curve into an offline chart.

7bit:

http://sites.google.com/site/prof7bit/offline_charts-mqh

This is the current version. An older version is here in the code base (section libraries), along with some more descriptions and an example for plotting the equity curve into an offline chart.

thank you very much. this is soo helpfull. Very nice piece of work you have done. now I need to look a way to execute every some time the lines i coded using you rlibrary funcitons. any Idea how can i do that?.

I will tell you exactly what I am trying to do. I want to read a .csv file where I have quotes of the stock market and create a offline chart with that information. After reading you library now I can create the offline chart, but now the problem I have is to find a way to fire the event to write another bar in the offline chart every time I update the csv file. how can I fire that event?. should I write a infinite loop in the EA that keeps looking for updates in the csv to write the offline chart?

what do you think? what is your opinion?

again thx for your help

Reason: