Change day chart bar start ?

Hi,
Is it possible to change time of start day chart bar to eg London start (now 7 GMT) , some script similiar to time frame change ?
Now start of day bar is at 0:00 server time.

Thanks for answer.

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

You can write such a script basing on the Period Converter script.

You will have to:
- compute your own one-hour chart bars and, using them, compute the day chart bars and other timeframes.
- create your own symbol (pair) using the desired symbols, open its chart offline, and attach your script to the chart.

Moreover, you cannot use expert advisors with this chart. You can use only indicators.

In my opinion, this is very difficult. Perhaps, it will be easier for you to find a brokerage company that has the suitable time of start day chart bar?

Tatyana:

Hi Andrew,

You will have to:
- compute your own one-hour chart bars and, using them, compute the day chart bars and other timeframes.
- create your own symbol (pair) using the desired symbols, open its chart offline, and attach your script to the chart.

Moreover, you cannot use expert advisors with this chart. You can use only indicators.

In my opinion, this is very difficult. Perhaps, it will be easier for you to find a brokerage company that has the suitable time of start day chart bar?

What is the fundamental reason that one cannot use EA with this chart?

Tatyana:

Hi Andrew,

You will have to:

Why MT can not give user the possiblity to set time-shift for datetime dispaly?

Michal:
Tatyana:

Hi Andrew,

You will have to:

What is the fundamental reason that one cannot use EA with this chart?

Reason: EA is triggered by incoming tick, and no tick is directed at an offline chart.

I think you can use a script with "offline" charts.

Keep the chart updated. Search for: PostMessageA(hwnd,WM_COMMAND, CHART_CMD_UPDATE_DATA, 0)

Convert the EA to a Script by enclosing the relevant portion of the EA in a loop:

start(){

... some initializations of EA...

while (!IsStopped){

... active part of EA..

Sleep(1000) // choose your time to sleep

return(0)
}

Reason: