Data import problems on MT4??

Hi!

I did data import for my Alpari account exactly as it is said on these instructions: http://www.earnforex.com/blog/2008/0...storical-data/

Anyway, when I now run tester for example for EURUSD M15, I get a modelling quality of only 29%!? What's the problem, are there some errors with that instruction?? If I look to history center, all datas for EURUSD seem to be corretct on all time charts.

This data importing in a real pain the a** in MT4; I have been fighting with it a whole day now, and I just can't get it working. Aren't there really any EASY way to get a valid history test data from Alpari to MT4??

That article is old and if you followed it you also came (on step 5) to the following info on a link to Alpari UK datacenter homepage. It is what I did and it works and is easy to do:

Point 2 below is a little unclear and you should write 2147483647 in the "Max. bars in history" field.

With Alpari (UK) as your online Forex Broker you can get MetaTrader 4 historical (inter-bank) data downloads that will improve your back test results as you will have access to ‘1 minute’ and ‘Daily’ data that stretches back to 2004.

By downloading additional data you will be able to increase the accuracy of your technical analysis and potentially be able to make better trading decisions.

In order to access historical data directly from the terminal, it is necessary to do the following:

• Update the MT4 terminal. To do this, you must download the latest distribution of MT4 from the site (build 220 or higher) and install it in place of your current version.
  • Increase the maximum number of bars in your MT4 so that one day history consists 1440 minute bars by selecting Tools - Options -"Charts" tab and specifying the "Max. bars in history" field.
  • View the archived historical data in MT4 by selecting Tools - History Center.
  • Choose the data that you would like to view and click "download."

MetaTrader 4 downloads the history of M1 quotes from our History Center and imports them to MT4 time-frames

Good luck!

I already tried that, but got the attached warning. And, everywhere that I have read they are saying that I really shoudn't get data from Metaquotes because it gives totally different results than Alpari data. What to do next..?

AlliumPorrum:

I already tried that, but got the attached warning. And, everywhere that I have read they are saying that I really shoudn't get data from Metaquotes because it gives totally different results than Alpari data. What to do next..?

Put the same number on maximum bars on chart and hold PgDn on all timeframes... It wont fetch you data from 2000 on M1 though...

More than that I really don´t know... For me the proposed solution is more than enough, but I don´t use scalpers so I am happy with that data as long as it is 90% quality which it is..

Reason: