Basics: 1st Question

I have an EA downloaded to my computer.

I have MT4 downloaded to my computer.

How do I upload my EA to MT4 so that it's in the list of EAs in my Navigator and available for backtesting?

Move it into the experts folder.

CB

cloudbreaker:

Move it into the experts folder.

CB

Okay, thank you for your reply but I have no idea what to make of that information. I don't see anything in the tool bars indicating "Experts" folder. The closest I see is the "Expert Advisors" button that only switches off and on.

A

Look in Windows Explorer for the MetaTrader installation folder
Look in that folder for another folder called experts

Copy the file in there and restart MetaTrader
If you put it in the right place it will then be visible

-BB-

BarrowBoy:

A

Look in Windows Explorer for the MetaTrader installation folder
Look in that folder for another folder called experts

Copy the file in there and restart MetaTrader
If you put it in the right place it will then be visible

-BB-

Okay, the only thing I found was mt4setup. So, since that only led to setting up an already set up MT4 again, I went to my MT4 desktop icon and right clicked on it to open the file location and found the experts folder in MT4 that way. Eventually, in the middle of composing another message to ask for more help, I figured out how to copy it to the folder and now it's in there. Thank you very much.

An epiphany (from the ancient Greek ἐπιφάνεια, epiphaneia, "manifestation, striking appearance") is the sudden realization or comprehension of the (larger) essence or meaning of something. The term is used in either a philosophical or literal sense to signify that the claimant has "found the last piece of the puzzle and now sees the whole picture," or has new information or experience, often insignificant by itself, that illuminates a deeper or numinous foundational frame of reference.

Reason: