3rd party software to test EAs?

Does anyone know of a 3rd party that offers software/tick data for testing EAs? I'd love to have a second opinion. I have two brokers already that I run against but I'd like more data! I thought I remember running across something like this before I knew how to code MQL at all, but I cannot find it again. I'd pay $50-$100 for a good one.

Try Searching mql4.com or google.com.

Keep in mind:

*If you're looking for software then it's going to be something other than MT.

*If you're looking for tick_data it'll be something other than your brokers.

-good_luck- 

ubzen:

Try Searching mql4.com or google.com.

Keep in mind:

*If you're looking for software then it's going to be something other than MT.

*If you're looking for tick_data it'll be something other than your brokers.

-good_luck-

Right, that's what I was assuming, a 3rd party of some type. I have two systems right now that work on multiple charts, Time frames, Brokers, but that's all within the last year, so I either need software or tick data I guess. I haven't had any luck out there on google yet which is why i came here. All of the software I found would involve recoding my systems into their interface.

I know I saw it a few months ago. A program that ran EAs and had great user reviews..I just can't find it again dangit

Just so I understand this correctly. You're looking for a software which:
*Lets you test your existing meta_trader(ex4,mt4) with_in their platform without letting you re-program it.
*You'd love for it to have Tick data that extend for more than a year.

Personally, I've never seen such a program. However. I just did a google search and the first thing which came up and sounds like what you're looking for. http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=31719

The most popular methods I've seen for Tick testing is the Dukascopy data download. Try google "Dukascopy Data Download". Dukascopy is a broker who have their own software. Their software will Not take your meta_trader(ex4,mt4) file.

You can Import their Tick data into Meta-Trader. I've never done this because it's a hell of a process. I don't believe in it because it's not my broker's data. Please don't ask me for help downloading it if you decide to go that route.

ubzen:
Just so I understand this correctly. You're looking for a software which:
*Lets you test your existing meta_trader(ex4,mt4) with_in their platform without letting you re-program it.
*You'd love for it to have Tick data that extend for more than a year.

Personally, I've never seen such a program. However. I just did a google search and the first thing which came up and sounds like what you're looking for. http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=31719

The most popular methods I've seen for Tick testing is the Dukascopy data download. Try google "Dukascopy Data Download". Dukascopy is a broker who have their own software. Their software will Not take your meta_trader(ex4,mt4) file.

You can Import their Tick data into Meta-Trader. I've never done this because it's a hell of a process. I don't believe in it because it's not my broker's data. Please don't ask me for help downloading it if you decide to go that route.

Yeah I saw the one from Duka. Sounds like you have to run scripts to get the data to the right format. You're right, a hell of a process.

How much tick data do you have? EUR USD 5mn for instance? I can only test back to February 2010.

I don't have any Tick data. I have eur/usd 1-minute data which goes back to about February as well. At this point, I give up about the "why can't I have ticks" depression. Thats an entire argument for another decade and allot of people here are sick of talking about it. If you're looking for more Ticks for Modeling Quality 99%, Optimization, or Confidence etc. IMO, you're wisting your time.

ubzen:

I don't have any Tick data. I have eur/usd 1-minute data which goes back to about February as well. At this point, I give up about the "why can't I have ticks" depression. Thats an entire argument for another decade and allot of people here are sick of talking about it. If you're looking for more Ticks for Modeling Quality 99%, Optimization, or Confidence etc. IMO, you're wisting your time.

Dukascopy supports MT4 now and they have a lot more tick data than most brokers... I don't know about demo accts, but that's my lead for the day

Someone has developed this software or know something?

Thank you 

Reason: