Problem with Windows 7 - Metaeditor

I am having a recurring problem with Windows 7, when attempting to copy text, Metaeditor crashes. The problem seems to be related to permissions, I am able to change the permissions for the experts folder, and occaionally this works for a period of time, but then the issue resurfaces. I have reloaded, used on different brokerage dem accounts and so forth and the problem persists. Any thoughts or ideas?

Jonr

leave the file you want to edit open. then close and restart metaeditor and it should be sweet.

and always leave a file/files open before closing metaeditor then the problem shouldn't resurface.

19730719:

leave the file you want to edit open. then close and restart metaeditor and it should be sweet.

Thanks a lot for your help, this seemed to work. I opened the files, then closed Metaeditor and when re-opened the copy function worked - strange, but a relief !!

Jon

I have the same problem on Win 7 Home Basic, but it does not help. Any one can help me, please!!

pipbaby

Either re-install your MT4 to a directory not in Program Files x86 or Program Files . . or try this: http://crum.be/mt4
Reason: