Volume Weighted Moving Average - page 2

The third bar after the buy signal I didn't take is on the way up and highly positive.

VPC- is still negative but shrinking. A very interesting development. Let's see what happens?

We have an interesting situation - the price is down and the VPC is growing positively. What does it mean? I think it means the sellers have the upper hand.

My other indicators are still long but I am not in the market.

Blow me down - I have a sell signal with a strong VPC+ support.

If I had taken the buy signal (as I might have before VPC), I would have lost a bundle.

This is early days of testing. Please watch the indicator and let me know if it has made any difference to your trading?

engcomp:

Thank you, cameofx, it was useful, you shouldn't have deleted it.

.... If you would test the VPC in your trading as I shall in mine, maybe we can draw a conclusion.

... Please let me know how you go? Sincerely, Helmut

you're welcome Helmut. If anyone needs it or just curious they can always pm me.  

I'm happy you don't hesitate to break the common linear code Q&A in this forum and start a trade strategy journal. I think trade snapshots, parameter setup & timeframe would make it more interesting! 

I'll take a looksee what the VPC behave on chart. Have a great one.  

Hey engcomp: Nice trading Journal, think you can define this strategy as an EA and backtest it?

ubzen:
Hey engcomp: Nice trading Journal, think you can define this strategy as an EA and backtest it?

VPC does not generate signals but might be useful as a filter for other EAs. I have developed several and back tested.

All of them except one have negatrive results so it will be interesting to see if VPC can weed out the bad trades.

Even the best one, myRVIea (based on Relative Vigor Index) could do with a good filter to improve results.

The others, mySARea (stop and reverse), myLRCea (linear regression channel), myMACD and myBollinger may be beyond redemption.

Made some modification to the moving average indicator

thought I share it with you guys because I took one of the indicator from here

My moving average changes colour

moving average

SMA, EMA, SMMA & LWMA

Files:
Reason: