Appointment of Social Moderators - page 5

Reminder - Forum Rules:

Rules

1. Any posts which may offend other visitors of the MQL4.com are forbidden. These messages will be deleted.
  2. Any use of obscene expressions is forbidden. These messages will be deleted.
  3. Posting of advertising messages is forbidden. Such messages will be deleted.
  4. A spam and flood are forbidden also. These posts will be deleted.
  5. Numerous breakings of rules, ignoring of remarks of a moderator and furthermore open disrespect for administration attract ban from the MQL4.com without any explanations.
  6. The administration leaves to itself the right to apply any measures to any of participants of the MQL4.com.
  7. The administration has the right to change these rules if will consider it necessary.

I think we need a new appointees to the Social Moderators list. I think there's being an increase in Spam and Ad's because some posters think we'll do nothing about it. If you feel like I do then please reply to this post voicing your opinion.

Also, please recommend yourself or someone else who'd be a good fit for social moderator. Personally I think WHRoeder would make a good fit because he's the most active senior member currently. The other senior guys above me, I didn't call upon because I don't want to leave anyone out ;). Anyways no one asked me to mention them and if WHRoeder don't like the idea I'll remove his name from this post.

> an increase in Spam and Ad's

And that's with me deleting much of it!

Almost all my forum time is involved in reading *.*, assessing for spam-ness and dealing with it as appropriate..

IMO, WHRoeder would make an ideal SM but can the forum spare him from his technical input?

-BB-

BarrowBoy:

> an increase in Spam and Ad's

And that's with me deleting much of it!

Almost all my forum time is involved in reading *.*, assessing for spam-ness and dealing with it as appropriate..

IMO, WHRoeder would make an ideal SM but can the forum spare him from his technical input?

-BB-

Good points. Sorry I didn't realize you were so busy :P. I wouldn't mind helping you with the spam-stuff but I don't want to be the one posting this message and recommending myself at the same time. If no one else wants the job, I'll step to the plate.

I am also for adding more moderators. For BB it would be a help in deleting a spam.

WHR would be indeed ideal but also ubzen and RaptorUK (which already replys to nearly any spam post as first) should be mentiond.

I don't know about the forum internal hirarchy but these above seem to me the currently most active users here.

I'll also recommend you Zzuegg. You're a much stronger programmer than I. You have a website and something to sell but you're not in our faces with ads of 3 posts back-to-back and bumping. I agree RaptorUK would make the ideal spam-killer but thats totally up to them and meta-quotes (if they even look at our threads anymore).

Ps> Nice Avatar/Icon ;)

No no, this would be a conflict of interest and i would like to not be involved in the spam deletion work ;) (i think i have never advertices a product which i am selling) here, at least i hope)

ubzen:

I'll also recommend you Zzuegg. You're a much stronger programmer than I. You have a website and something to sell but you're not in our faces with ads of 3 posts back-to-back and bumping. I agree RaptorUK would make the ideal spam-killer but thats totally up to them and meta-quotes (if they even look at our threads anymore).

Ps> Nice Avatar/Icon ;)

I'd be happy to help out if wanted by MetaQuotes. :-)
Reason: