Appointment of Social Moderators - page 4

jjc:

With significant emphasis in advance on the fact that none of this is a personal attack or criticism...

B. What exactly are the rules on advertising? Taking BB as an example, he has often posted links to the resources on his www.selectfx.net site. These are always very useful. But they are also an advert for his EAs and programming services.

Re Advertising. As we all know this site is full of ads placed obliquely with transparent attempts to not state them directly or obviously as such, but the purpose of such postings is always quite obvious.

The web is becoming like TV was initially: wholly funded entirely by advertising. Most sites have adds and commercial links on most pages that quite often are not usually directly related to the specific purpose of the page, content, articles etc.

I guess the difference up until now here is that they aren't as obvious or as obtrusive and as such are 'free' to the advertisers that 'slip them in.'

With MQ now going to actively promote buying and selling of MQ related products on their web sites, we will very likely see dramatic changes in the style, format and content of MQ's web sites in the near future with them likely becoming more like most other commercial web sites as described above. It's up to MQ what form and how obvious and dominant the MQ 'marketplace' will be in their web sites. One can say: 'keep them in a separate 'commercial zone'' but most merchants understandably want to get them as exposed to as many people as possible.

1005phillip:

I agree with jjc, we need clearly defined acceptable/unacceptable lines drawn in the sand regarding the manner of activities laid out above.

I'm also particularly interested in the "when does mentioning a broker cross the line" clarification.

Ever notice how easily and readily 'lines in the sand' are shifted or obliterated entirely? Hardly the best material to use as a foundation to build on. But then this is apropos for these MQ websites. There are pros and cons on both sides..

Also the questions arise of what IS the true purpose and reason for this realm? Does it need to be kept entirely 'pure' to its exact stated or even its implied and thus unclear purpose? It's obvious that in beginning to activate and promote a marketplace on MQ's web sites that there are going to be significant changes forthcoming.

Perhaps one option is to create more (distinct) sub-domains such as : /Forum.MQ* /CodeBase.MQ* /Articles.MQ* etc perhaps including one for and about ForEx brokers and related maters. Even in adding the 'related matters' brings this into fuzzy grey areas as obviously our interactions and coding is entirely dependent upon brokers and/or signal providers and many times are in need of specifics related to brokers. A case in point is a very recent posting here is about a (NuBs?) difficulties and questions about being unable to utilize their EA as it keeps rejecting his 'double' functions from what appears to be a problem of 'normalization'

The following comments are not in anyway directed at our new 'social' domain moderators:

A very significant concern that I have have is over power tripping ops such as are found in many unregulated public arenas on the net. Fortunately this one has not fallen into the decadent circumstances whereby many participants hide behind the anonymity as is readily possible on the InterNet and the resultant irresponsible lack of common decency and manners in interactions that they very likely would not put forth and act as such face to face in the 'real world' that makes for civilized social interactions. I say this as someone who got banned from here twice for very trivial, insignificant and inconsequential matters. Especially taken in light of my current economic status for some time now of being WELL below the poverty line from being on permanent disability for close to a decade and how much that I have invested in the ForEx on numerous levels and how much that I have at stake and riding on it. Such narrow minded, high handed actions that likely seemed quite trivial and insignificant acts on the part of those who made these decisions, which are inline with the issues and criteria to those that banned me, have very real possibilities of significant negative impact and devastating consequences for me and my life and quite likely for others in similar situations here..Given the orientation of this realm as opposed to web realms that are just 'fantasy fodder', such actions merit very serious consideration and due process before any such executions summarily take place.

1005phillip:

I appreciate the votes of confidence guys but I really don't consider myself to be established well enough to be a viable candidate for the position given the depth of the bench as currently fielded by the three selected social moderators.

I think the choices made were excellent and more than sufficient to meet the needs of the forum.

Sorry Phillip, I should of consulted with you privately and got your consent before putting your name forth as a social moderator.

By and large this is a very civilized and sociable realm, but it does have a LOT of traffic and throughput. Only having three designated moderators may be loading them quite heavily and asking to much of them. 'Many hands make for light work.' I trust that our moderators will be self monitoring and proactive and take steps to alleviate overload from the duties, responsibilities and burdens if they are finding them to be to much.

'The King is Dead! Long live the Kings!'

(With 3 of them now, which one(s) are we supposed to bow or curtsy to?)

ROFLoL

(8 >) . Sorry folks, it was just to good of an opportunity to pass up on. . (< 8)

Kudos to the mods... I was just typing a comment to delete a spam thread and by the time I finished typing... the thread was gone and I got 404'd... nice work mods.

V

Duplication and cross-posting has made a return lately

We have to be firm on this especially as we have no forum categories

So where you see a topic has got back to the top with (apparently) no new post, it means 'something' has been removed for duplication, commercial or profanity reasons!

We currently do not have the ability to 'unbounce' a topic...

-BB-

You guys are doing a good job! Thanks for all your efforts!

Something has to be done about this ckingher sooner or later. I don't know if he realizes it. But he's spam-ing the forum with #$%^&. This forum have gotta have some sort of Ip-Blocking feature which chart-rooms have. If the Admins and Moderators are waiting for him to go over the edge before doing something about it, I'd say he's already there.

Thanks for your consideration. Moderators

There are indeed one or two members that are pushing the stimulating/provocative button a little too often & too hard

As ever this is under constant review...

Shame we dont have an Ignore feature ;)

-BB-

To any recently joined members with ambitions in advertising...

Remember the rules you saw at registration

If your Topic disappears, it was against those rules

Just lately, too much SPAM has been posted to give everyone who does this a warning

-BB-

Just a reminder - repeated SPAM leads to banning...

Do not repost if a Topic was deleted

-BB-

Reason: