Appointment of Social Moderators - page 3

jjc:

There are conceivable rules which would cut much of the spam while having few detrimental effects, and which could in fact be automated. For example, until a user has, say, 10 posts on the forum:

• Can't post messages containing hyperlinks
  • Can't post messages containing domain names, even if they're not hyperlinks (including a watch for whitespace such as "MySuperSignalSite .com")

Yeah... But that's not up to us... Need to ask MQ to do this.

Clearly the user would need to be told that this restriction was in place, and why [...]

Yeah, I think that's going to be the most efficient way of handling posts that break the rules. Basically, the moderators (or even forum members) should first PM the poster, refer him to the rules and warn him that he should delete or edit his post to conform to the rules. If the user thinks that his post conforms to the rules (and the moderator is wrong) then he can explain his case (and hopefully an agreement can be reached). If a user ignores the PM or frequently breaks the rules, then moderators should just go ahead and delete the posts.

gordon:

Yeah... But that's not up to us... Need to ask MQ to do this.

I wasn't suggesting that the moderators code it. I was suggesting that the moderators propose it. Another example (until it's been deleted) of something which would have been caught by this: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/117731

jjc:
I wasn't suggesting that the moderators code it. I was suggesting that the moderators propose it. Another example (until it's been deleted) of something which would have been caught by this: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/117731

Regret to say that priority for new structural work on this forum is not high

Even adding basic sections as available at https://www.mql5.com/en/forum seems unlikely...

-BB-

BarrowBoy:

You amaze me. They must be rushed off their feet given that the MQL5 forum is often reaching the giddy heights of 5 new topics per day, and has almost 1/10th of the traffic of the MQL4 site (according to Alexa).

jjc:
You amaze me. They must be rushed off their feet given that the MQL5 forum is often reaching the giddy heights of 5 new topics per day

I believe there aren't any dedicated 'forum developers', my guess is the dev team as a whole is fully engaged with functions and features of MQL5 together with related server-side & bridging technologies...

-BB-

BarrowBoy:

Even adding basic sections as available at https://www.mql5.com/en/forum seems unlikely...

-BB-

The Russian part of our beloved forum has somehow have their way with what is available. (notice the pages no. there turned to months!!!) 

Still I'm all for new improvement to the forum. And I agree all shapes of spam should be banned. Also pleee...easeee... make a relevant & rich sections to this great forum. Add another 1-2 year of forum facility status quo would make weeding the great knowledge on past posts very cumbersome. While new posters would ask same old questions over & over again (and may get discouraged in the process, while this doesn't need to be the case if only we have Newbs/beginners/FAQ section). 

I suggest for jjc & 1005Phillip (if they don't mind) as an addition to Rosh's list. And please Rosh, have them all as moderators not candidates to choose from. Moderators also will need to encourage some topics or create/initiate sections for trading strategies or trading posts for example (which the Russian hasn't shy from). 

BarrowBoy:

I believe there aren't any dedicated 'forum developers', my guess is the dev team as a whole is fully engaged with functions and features of MQL5 together with related server-side & bridging technologies...

My facetious remark was based on the fact that they've released beta software which, in the good old days, was supposed to mean that it was feature-complete. And the low level of activity on the MQL5 forum would tend to imply that they're not getting many feature requests or bug reports; I've not checked.

I'm just baffled by MetaQuotes. MT4 is a fantastic piece of work technically, and a very clever proposition commercially. However, they proceeded to reinvent the wheel, and then reinvent it again, and again, and again.

To respond to violations of the Rules of MQL5.community.

That's why we decided to improve our forum by introducing the status of social moderators :

Hi Rosh,

It seems like a wise move to me.

Gordon should be ok as long as he does not have to deal with any cats (< 8)

I'd like to suggest Phillip as well if he is interested and willing.

So is MQL5 getting close to being ready to 'take over the world' yet?

You folks in Russia / USSR and China may yet have the last laugh in the 'Cold War' with the Americans etc (8 >) says the self righteous Canadian eh! (< 8) . yet by beating them at there own game of Capitalism that the 'West' initially seemed to have won by bankrupting the USSR because of the different formats of Economics. (< 8) Time will tell. Hopefully in the impending disastrous rough times immediately at hand, we will all overcome our (unconscious) fear of the unknown and those that differ from us and all work together as opposed to falling back into tribalism that has sustained humanity throughout most of it's existence of ~ one million years.

Vive la Différence !

1005phillip

I appreciate the votes of confidence guys but I really don't consider myself to be established well enough to be a viable candidate for the position given the depth of the bench as currently fielded by the three selected social moderators.

I think the choices made were excellent and more than sufficient to meet the needs of the forum.

BarrowBoy:

-BB-

As it is in v4 BB, so....?
Reason: