Volume versus contracts

Maybe this question is silly for some but please bear with me.

I know that Volume tick up means that there were more buyers than sellers.

Is there any way to find out at least their percentage relation?

What is contract in forex?

How to understand the expression<<total volume bought and sold of a contract.>>?

Many thanks.

Volume in MT4 is the number of Ticks per bar (in the selected time-frame) and a Tick is simply a change in any one of the 28 market information identifiers (available via MarketInfo() function). It also seems that Volume[] information is not even identical across different connections (Volume[] comes directly from the broker, it's not a client-side count of Ticks) -> https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/125732/page3#317577,

Bottom line - Volume in MT4 has nothing to do with the number of buyers and sellers or the "total volume bought and sold of a contract".

I know that there is manipulations to ticks. But each broker tries to keep to market price.

And this is what we would focus on.

Brygada:

I know that there is manipulations to ticks. But each broker tries to keep to market price.

Each broker MUST keep to market price. Otherwise people are going to make money from the difference.

gordon:
Each broker MUST keep to market price. Otherwise people are going to make money from the difference.
Arbitraging a broker's book is the name of the game.

And the brokers don't mind because it is like re-insurance.

engcomp:
Arbitraging a broker's book is the name of the game.

A game u are likely to lose if u attempt doing it using MT4. That's HFT's game...

Good Luck!

engcomp:
And the brokers don't mind because it is like re-insurance.
They won't mind, cause u will lose :)

gordon:
They won't mind, cause u will lose :)

Gordon, I love your cynicism. Of course you can lose, but if you observe some basic rules, it can be a profitable business.

1. Don't be greedy - one to three pips is the most you will get.

2. Don't be lazy - keep an eye on all the books where you have an account.

3. Be quick - there are many in the same game.

Arbitraging is not speculating, it is a business to be taken seriously.

Best wishes, Helmut

I am not sure I understood your previous posts correctly. When u say 'broker's book' what do u mean exactly?

If u mean that u can exploit price differences between brokers (for same symbol), then I stand by my comments. Any price differences will be such that the broker's spreads and trading dynamics (slippage, latency issues, re-quotes, etc.) will cancel out any possibility of profit. That might be possible with HFT, but not with MT4.

So, would that imply that all Brokers are efficient nowadays? Lets leave the ethical issue of weather or not its fair to Scalp a broker because they move slow. Is this type of strategy still possible? Is it the same as what the Big Bank Scalper does? Are there any Broker still Banning Scalpers for taking advantage of their systems?

Sounds to me, Gordon is saying if they know they are slow, then they give you the Slip....lol.

Reason: