iStochastic() returning wrong value?

Hello, I recently tried my new Expert advisor, but it didnt work as it should. I couldnt figure out where the problem is, but now i know. It seems like the iStochastic returns wrong value. Look at the picture in attachment. You can see here clearly, that the value of one stochastic is around 88, and the second 84. But when you look on the indicator window, both the signal and main lines are under these values. Can anyone help me to fix this?

Your chart parameters and iStochastic parameters in your code are exactly the same?

blogzr3:

Your chart parameters and iStochastic parameters in your code are exactly the same?

Yes, i opened this chart with the "open chart" button in strategy tester. The stochastic values for other Bars are usually right, but sometimes here and there the wrong value occurs. I even tried another stochastic indicator downloaded somewhere on the net, but the results were still wrong. I really don´t know how to solve this.

perhaps check from Data window : hover & point the two Indicators you need to compare & check the info label values & the values in data window. They should be the same.

& the picture you post has different (30,3,3) & (9,3,3) parameter settings.

redwarf wrote >>

Hello, I recently tried my new Expert advisor, but it didnt work as it should. I couldnt figure out where the problem is, but now i know. It seems like the iStochastic returns wrong value. Look at the picture in attachment. You can see here clearly, that the value of one stochastic is around 88, and the second 84. But when you look on the indicator window, both the signal and main lines are under these values. Can anyone help me to fix this?

Hi, well i had the same issue. And i found the error:

It depends on the price_field enumeration:

iStochastic(Pair,PERIOD_H1,5,5,5,MODE_EMA,PRICE_CLOSE,MODE_SIGNAL,1) or iStochastic(Pair,PERIOD_H1,5,5,5,MODE_EMA,1,MODE_SIGNAL,1)

The funny thing is, both ways work whithout generating any error but the return value is completely different.

You must enter 1: for price close and not PRICE_CLOSE :

price_field - Price field parameter. Can be one of this values: 0 - Low/High or 1 - Close/Close.

Hope it will fix your problem..... Pat

Reason: