A Server or Multiple of Computers?

I need to run my EA on multiple charts (at least 2) of different currency pairs. To avoid the annoying Trade Context Busy Error I am now using 2 computers, one for EURUSD and one for AUDUSD. Is this solution a wasteful way? Is it technically possible to use a server with multi-monitors for the purpose?

If there is anyone here using a server for multiple pair of currency crosses can you please explain how does it work? Thanks.

EuroTrader:

I need to run my EA on multiple charts (at least 2) of different currency pairs. To avoid the annoying Trade Context Busy Error I am now using 2 computers, one for EURUSD and one for AUDUSD. Is this solution a wasteful way? Is it technically possible to use a server with multi-monitors for the purpose?

If there is anyone here using a server for multiple pair of currency crosses can you please explain how does it work? Thanks.

You don't need 2 computers! You can run multiple Terminals in one machine. My server is a simple 512MB Core-Duo Win2k3 PC... And it can easily manage up to 10 Terminals with no problems (memory being the limiting factor). All u need to do is duplicate the MT4 installation folder as many times as u want.

There is some info in this article -> https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/1560. It also explains how to set different icons for each Terminal so as not to get disoriented when too many Terminals run on the same machine. Works like a charm.

ET

As Gordon says, you get a separate trading channel for each copy of MT Terminal that is running, so you can parallel process orders on the same machine (virtual or otherwise)

I didnt know about the icon tip, my idiot guide is to 'pin to Start menu' for each copy of Terminal.exe I want to run and rename each resulting menu item to give an idea on which MT instance is which!

FWIW

-BB-

Reason: