Clean up array, remove all data from array

Back to topics list  | 1 2 To post a new topic, please log in or register
kennyhubbard 2010.05.13 15:41 #

Why don't you ONLY write data to the array that you intend to use. Sounds like you are trying to force a square peg into a round hole. If there are more spaces in your array than you need to calculate for then I think you are using the wrong approach.

Try using an if loop to only place values in your array that are a valid part of the calulcation. Resize the array as required.

Saidar 2010.05.13 23:04 #

My problem is as follows:

I have array in loop

In each loop different numbers of entries are written to the array. The array needs to be reset each time.

I use ArrayMinimum a lot, meaning if I make all the array entries 0, or resizing the array that causes the entries to have a value of 0, the arrayminimum keeps giving me an answer of 0, because 0 is the minimum in the array.

How to I get past this?

Saidar 2010.05.13 23:11 #
Seems like EMPTY_VALUE did the trick
306 2010.05.14 11:37 #
Seems like EMPTY_VALUE did the trick

Be careful with ArrayMaximum() as it can return EMPTY_VALUE. Have in mind that EMPTY_VALUE = 2147483647

WHRoeder 2010.05.20 01:01 #

Saidar wrote >>

. The array needs to be reset each time.

No it does not. Don't look at elements outside of the current count. Put in 5 only look at 0-4
BeLikeWater 2014.10.28 19:40 #

Yes I have the same problem here:

I have this array= double matrix [][2];

that I do a lot of operations with in a loop, I need to "restart" it fresh for the beggining of the loop again.

Back to topics list   | 1 2  

To add comments, please log in or register