Searching for a Function

I'm a noob MQLer. Is there a built-in function which returns the current chart timeframe value?

elpielen:
I'm a noob MQLer. Is there a built-in function which returns the current chart timeframe value?

Period()

puncher:

Period()

Thanks. Done! :)
May I ask where can I find FULL mql4 reference? I cannot find this function (Period()) in the book or documentation. Where did you get it?

elpielen wrote >>

Thanks. Done! :)
May I ask where can I find FULL mql4 reference? I cannot find this function (Period()) in the book or documentation. Where did you get it?

look at top of every site page.

the word Book ... CLICK it

look in your editor also.

oh I found it at last :)
In this section: "Window functions"
Thanks

There is an alphabetic list of MQL functions included as a sticky at the beginning of the list of forum threads.

CB

How to set "Description" for an object? If it's possible using the function ObjectSet() please show me how!Thanks...

use the Book
U search on "ObjectSet"
U click "Book(..)" in left column of page
U select one or more of the results and click
The coded examples will show U how!

fbj:

use the Book
U search on "ObjectSet"
U click "Book(..)" in left column of page
U select one or more of the results and click
The coded examples will show U how!

I've searched the book but didn't find anything. I realized that this cannot be done using ObjectSet(), that's why I'm here... to see if I'm wrong or not.

please use your editor help
under object functions u will see a function that sets text
if you do not understand how to do these things, that is exactly what the Book is there for
please read around the subject you are interested in. is no good cherrie picking here 'n there what you think you need to do some action.
so ok... objectset sounds correct function to use but what's in a name?
the reading around would enable you to see that there's more to this game...
enjoy the trip!
bye

Reason: